Community Forum

Pace PR150BNM Stuck on Blue Screen

Contributor

Pace PR150BNM Stuck on Blue Screen

Looks like my X-1 Box is stuck on a blue screen, "The ASTB needs to download new software." I talked to a very nice tier 1 support person, and nothing helped so far with the tier 1 script. She sent a refresh signal, that changed the screen to another blue screen, and that froze. We did a power reset, and we are back to the first blue screen. Now we are waiting for the tier 2 folks to show up at work, and they will push through new software. To be continued....

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Pace PR150BNM Stuck on Blue Screen

so you have unplugged it to reset it?  and you have take off the hdmi and put it back on?

Contributor

rog286713 wrote:

so you have unplugged it to reset it?  and you have take off the hdmi and put it back on?

Yes, we did a power reset several times. The box is hooked to an analog TV at the moment using the coax cable, TV on CH3.

Silver Problem Solver

thats all your going to get from us other customers, the x1 box is not available to the masses as its still testing.   you should go here, there is a user guide you can download in there there is a dedicated phone number for x1 and a chat link.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/x1/

Contributor

rog286713 wrote:

thats all your going to get from us other customers, the x1 box is not available to the masses as its still testing.   you should go here, there is a user guide you can download in there there is a dedicated phone number for x1 and a chat link.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/x1/

I will wait and see what the teir 2 folks come up in the next hour, when they finally arrive at work.

Silver Problem Solver

I would not hold your breathe for the so called level 2 people who are showing up on the Sunday before Christmas. 

Contributor

rog286713 wrote:

I would not hold your breathe for the so called level 2 people who are showing up on the Sunday before Christmas. 

She called back just as I was leaving for a while. This time we did a longer power reset. She says the techs are not able to locate that box on their system to receive the software they are pushing down the line. I called her  back about an hour ago and got her voice mail. No return call yet. I did disconnect the cable to see what happens when I do a power reset. It hunts for frequencies until I hook the cable back up, then freezes back to where it was when I reported the problem. I will give her a few more minutes before I call her at the central repair center in Colorado again.

Contributor

Latest update: I never did hear back from the first Tier 1 Rep. I called the center again, and got a new Tier 1 Rep. First Rep did not generate an order correctly for Tier 2 support, so my first ticket was already closed out as resolved. It appears this is a nationwide problem with the X-1 equipment, that first manifested itself in Georgia. Lucky me, I am the first one on the West Coast to have this problem. She said wait 24 to 72 hours before Tier 2 Support would contact me. The official title for this problem is "The ASTB needs to download new software."

Contributor

More. The first rep finally called back. She sent some more commands to the box, and now it has a different display on the "The ASTB needs to download some new software" screen. The last item on the blue screen is "WAITING FOR SNMP TRIGGER". She cant "see" the box on her screen, so evidently, it doesn't seem to send a response back to momma. She made an appointment for a tech to come out on Thursday. In the meantime, she suggested something might be wrong with the coax and to try swapping that out and eliminating any splitters. I took the box into another room with a working box, and tried it there using that lead-in. Same result. So I guess I am waiting for a tech to show on Thursday with a different box, or see if level 2 calls in the meantime on the ticket I started with the second rep.

Contributor

Well, the tech was out today, and after checking the lines and tightening a few connectors in the main box, he swapped out boxes. The new box was unresponsive after initialization. After checking with some of the other techs in the area, seems this is normal. Finally after an hour of waiting, the box started working, then restarted on its own after five minutes. I guess this is the solution, since he packed up and headed to the next job. He says these X-1 boxes are all they are getting from Comcast recently when they switched to these Pace boxes.He spends half the day waiting for them to reboot, and they don't have a clue why. So, I guess the issue is resolved for now. BTW: Mine was the first blue screen error these guys have encountered in this region.  

New Poster

Woke this morning to a blue screen. After checking this forum, I decided to try what is becoming the normal routine of resetting. Powered down for 15 seconds and it worked. I am concerned that within only two weeks of having comcast and the x1 box, I have had to reset 3 times - I never had this problem once with uverse
Tags (1)
Contributor

Get used to it. When the box gets confused, it locks up, and resetting is the only way you have to regain control of the box. Xfinity support is useless. After you get rerouted several times, eventually they just drop the call. It's terrible.

New Poster

I have had to reset this thing three times in one day - if you can't fix this, please pick the equipment up and I'll go back to uverse
New Poster

I had the X1 system installed on 2/15/2014 All was fine for a few days Now it seens like every morning when I turn the television on at 6am I also get a Blue Screen No Signal. I have tried powering down the X! waiting 10 seconds and powering back up. Sometimes picture reappears sometimes it goes back to Blue Screen Now today Sunday 2/23 Its doing it during Daytona.

HELP!

Frequent Visitor

As difficult and frustrating as it can be dealing with some of the inept Customer Service Reps at Comcast, sometimes patience can be in your favor. After dealing with this issue for 3 hours, somehow, after calling back several times, I finally got transferred to an X1 rep named John from Virginia and it it wasn't for him, I was ready to close my account. This guy was fantastic! Too bad he doesn't have a direct dial to his phone for anyone that gets this 'ASTB needs to update software' message. He was genuinely understanding, thanked me for my patience several times throughout the call and worked diligently on my issue until it was resolved. It took about 50 minutes for him to update, but it was well worth it to wait patiently after hearing the spark in his voice that he would do everything possible to resolve the issue. Kudos to John from Virginia! He deserves a FAT bonus for doing his job!
Frequent Visitor

Here we go again!! One month later and the same issue is happening and I really don't have time for this! Looks like another call in to ComSHAFT wasting more of my time! This really sucks!
Valued Contributor

Bait2Switch, are you currently on a blue screen with the update message ? Wondering if you had the appropriate signals or steps taken at this point

Problem Solver

Bait2switch wrote:
Here we go again!! One month later and the same issue is happening and I really don't have time for this! Looks like another call in to ComSHAFT wasting more of my time! This really sucks!

bait, Is this box loaded with x1 software or legacy software? It sounds to me like the modem is having issues downloading the firmware that was just sent out. I would put that box on your dvr outlet to see if it will download from that location then put it back when it is done. If it doesn't the box could have modem issues.

Frequent Visitor

gotpizza, that would be great if I even HAD a DVR...just another "eff up" on the part of Comcast when my service was installed.... I don't even have the mental energy to go into that.  I was on with X1 support yesterday and they were unsuccessful in doing the update from their end and told me I needed a new box.  No word from them on my :"escalation" status of getting one and will supposedly get one over here on Saturday.  Thanks for your feedback!

Frequent Visitor

Amber, I THINK I did, but not sure.  The first time this happened, I got John from VA on with me, an X1 tech support and he got it working, but yesterday I was told it was my box that needed to be replaced since this has happened before.  My issue  was escalated, although an appt was made for Saturday and I havent heard back from Comcast as to when they may be coming.  It would be nice if my local  sales rep would return a reply from me reaching out to her a month ago to discuss some ongoing issues I have had, but no such luck.  Thanks for your feedback.

Valued Contributor

Bait2switch, not too sure about the local reps but I would suggest going off of what is scheduled because it would be on file in the system for your account. Give the technician details of what you were told, Are you saying they scheduled it for you this Saturday right ?

Frequent Visitor

Yes, Amber. They should be here between 1-3 tomorrow. On another note, do you know anything about this number 855-235-9196? Seems that whenever a Comcast customer is scheduled for service, someone from this number calls a couple of days and the day before to discuss a billing audit. Is this a true Comcast number? According to the query I made on the Internet it is not. Thank you for following up on my issue. I will let you know the outcome.