Community Forum

Option to delete individual recording is missing

Frequent Visitor

Recently the option to delete an individual recording (from the recording list) is missing.   I have performed the

"system refresh".

Release version is 100.02 6/11/19 6.01am

XRE version 2.8.0

Receiver native version 3.7.0

STB timestamp Friday May 11, 2019

STB version MX011AN_3.7p2s1_PROD_sey

Screenshot_20190612_063142.jpg

Regular Visitor

No Delete option to delete dvr recordings

Since last night if I go into a recording on my dvr the delete option is completely removed.  It is the same on both of my X1 dvr boxes.   I've tried unplugging and system refresh.  Any idea how to fix this?

Expert

Re: No Delete option to delete dvr recordings

@bababooey1234 wrote:

Since last night if I go into a recording on my dvr the delete option is completely removed.  It is the same on both of my X1 dvr boxes.   I've tried unplugging and system refresh.  Any idea how to fix this?

from the recordings list (one recording not a series of saved recordings) navigate to the right and select the X or just hit the "D" button. while watching a recording you can hit D to erase, also.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The delete option was moved into “record options” for some reason. Now we have to click another button. It also doesn’t suggest you delete when your done watching either. Terrible.
Official Employee

Hi @bababooey1234

Thank you for using the Xfinity Forums. I wanted to let you know this is working as intended. The delete option can now be found under the "Record Options" tab. Since the option to "keep" or "delete" recordings options is no longer available at the end of the recordings, you can use the "D" button to delete the recording at that time. Thanks. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Option to delete individual recording is missing

I added picture, and although it showed up during the edit, after posting, it is not there.  Trying again.Screenshot_20190612_063142.jpgMissing delete option

Frequent Visitor

I see now, based on this other post, that this was an intentional change by Comcast.  I think it's terrible.  And it doesn't suggest to delete when finished watching a show anymore either.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/No-Delete-option-to-delete-dvr-recordings/m-p/3230073

Frequent Visitor

Oh, that's how you do it when you use the app. I watch TV on my tablet a lot, so am at least used to deleting from Record Options. Wis h it hadn't changed, but I can get used to hitting the "D" button instead. Thanks for sharing the info!

New Poster

I agree with others that this is an unnecessary and stupid change. Most shows are over before the recording is finished so one would typically delete then. Whoever came up with this must not watch very many recordings.
New Poster

Thanks for the info folks, I was just noticing that yesterday!  'D', who'd a thunk.

New Poster

Thanks for the info. It would be nice if this info was somehow shared on the menu pre-change rather than having to google it.
New Poster

Bad change. Poor user interface. Please change it back.

New Poster

Another reason to get rid of xfinity. The Delete option was one of the easiest options now you have to go through 3 menus just to delete an individual recording. Thanks again for giving customers reason to cancel.
Expert

@Trimbo wrote:
Another reason to get rid of xfinity. The Delete option was one of the easiest options now you have to go through 3 menus just to delete an individual recording. Thanks again for giving customers reason to cancel.

hit the D button while playing recording or while selected in list of recordings and confirm delete.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

This is a ridiculous change (again) by Comcast.  What is the purpose?  Without using the D button, there are now too many buttons or keys to enter to simply delete what you just watched.

Why does Comcast always have to keep making thing so complicated?  And why not inform their customers that they are making such changes and describe the new operating procedures.

Plus.... now since this change has been made, our DVR is acting very "sluggish".

COMCAST.... Please remove this feature and bring it back the way it was!

Contributor

This is a ridiculous change (again) by Comcast. What is the purpose? Without using the D button, there are now too many buttons or keys to enter to simply delete what you just watched.

Why does Comcast always have to keep making thing so complicated? And why not inform their customers that they are making such changes and describe the new operating procedures.

Plus.... now since this change has been made, our DVR is acting very "sluggish".

COMCAST.... Please remove this feature and bring it back the way it was!

New Poster

The D button is a reasonable workaround, but the communication on this from Comcast was miserable. As in: No notification whatsoever?

Contributor

@cmeyerson wrote:

The D button is a reasonable workaround, but the communication on this from Comcast was miserable. As in: No notification whatsoever?

Very true!

The D button will work fine, without having to go to the "recording option" button.

But like you said.... where is the communication from Comcast?

We would have never figured it out without this great Community Forum!

Frequent Visitor

The DVR has been acting sluggish for some time... Takes forever to respond to commands... And when it's FF, RW, pause and play...it gets annoying really quick. 

Silver Problem Solver

@Picklepot wrote:

The DVR has been acting sluggish for some time... Takes forever to respond to commands... And when it's FF, RW, pause and play...it gets annoying really quick. 

That is sometimes an indication of weak remote batteries.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Definitely not a battery issue.  I use a Harmony Remote, and all other devices work fine. 👍

@RobertWy wrote:

@Picklepot wrote:

That is sometimes an indication of weak remote batteries.

New Poster

This is very stupid bring back the delete  button, This why I am leaving Comcast after my contract is up because Comcast is playing games with the people.

Expert

@PUCHO322 wrote:

This is very stupid bring back the delete  button, This why I am leaving Comcast after my contract is up because Comcast is playing games with the people.

hitting the D button seems pretty simple, no?

New Poster

Yes, it is simple. But why this wasn't communicated to users—onscreen through an update message or in one of Comcast's incessant customer emails—is a mystery. I spent close to an hour troubleshooting what I thought was a problem—starting and restarting the X1 box, unplugging and replugging, etc. All unnecessary. Or would have been if anyone had let us know about this change.

Contributor

@cmeyerson wrote:

Yes, it is simple. But why this wasn't communicated to users—onscreen through an update message or in one of Comcast's incessant customer emails—is a mystery. I spent close to an hour troubleshooting what I thought was a problem—starting and restarting the X1 box, unplugging and replugging, etc. All unnecessary. Or would have been if anyone had let us know about this change.

WELL SAID!!!  I agree 100%.  They did the same thing with the new feature that allows fast forwarding through commercials (smart resume).  Never told us any "heads-up" on this feature either!

Thanks Comcast.

Regular Visitor

This is a very stupid change. Why would you move a primary function to a sub menu? Were you just trying to make the interface less user friendly and harder to use? If so, it worked.

Were you planning on telling anyone about it or just figured people would get so frustrated they come here looking for answers?

Thank you

New Poster

Wait what is this fast forward feature? How do i do that?
Expert

@andrdsvn wrote:
Wait what is this fast forward feature? How do i do that?

it is in comcast labs. turn on smart resume. on certain prime time shows there is a different progress position bar. if in colors press fast forward and the play will resume automatically. remember it is in beta so may not work as well as advertised at times.

New Poster

I noticed this evening that the delete option was not on the main menu. Now you have to go to Saved, then click the show you wish to delete.
You now have to select the Recording Options, then click on Rcording Option and then you have the options to either modify or delete. Modify gives you the option of either deleting just the current episode or All Episodes. If you click on Delete, then it gives you the option to Delete Now or Don't Delete.
New Poster

Thanks. I thought I had <Edited> something up on my DVR. I saw the Modify and Delete options, but I was afraid it would remove the series from my record schedule, so I didn't do anything until I searched the web. Now I know what it means, even though it still makes no sense.

<Edited>

Silver Problem Solver

In another thread, they mentioned using the D button to do a delete.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Same here. Its gotten to the point where it's become almost unusable several times. Then it would improve for a few days and then get bad again.

It seems to be unrelated to how full the DVR is.

Expert

@anguscls wrote:

Same here. Its gotten to the point where it's become almost unusable several times. Then it would improve for a few days and then get bad again.

It seems to be unrelated to how full the DVR is.

since you did not 'quote' the post to which you are replying it is impossible to determine what problem/issue you are having. are you asking about how to press the 'D' button on the remote to Delete?

New Poster

That doesn't help.  It only deletes the entire group of listings.

Expert

@Jimtinmi wrote:

That doesn't help.  It only deletes the entire group of listings.

since you did not quote the post to which you are replying it is difficult to determine help that you need. while playing press "D" to delete. while in a list of recordings of episodes press D to delete that episode. 

New Poster

I so agree! We've spent days trying to figure this out and we had to come on here to find the answer. Ridiculous!
New Poster

I agree that it is poor communication. And the on-line help pages still have the "old" way to delete programs.

New Poster

This is so much more inconvenient and annoying.  Not a fan.

New Poster

Screenshot_20190612_063142.jpg

<Edited>...Why would they do that...

New Poster

I noticed this too. What a stupid change to make. I am still able to delete after watching- I fast forward to end of recording and it asked if I wanted to delete.
Why do we need to google to find about changes and why fix what isn’t broke?!
Highlighted
Administrator

All,

Thank you so much for all the feedback. We completely understand the frustration you are all dealing with when attempting to delete individual DVR recordings. We have passed along your feedback to our TV partner teams and we are pleased to announce that this feature will be returning in the following days as new updates to boxes come. 

In the meantime, if you have a DVR recording playing you can click the "record" button on your remote and you will see a mini menu that includes the "delete" the recording option. 

Thanks again for all your feedback you have all helped us to improve the customer experience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you
Contributor

@ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

Thank you so much for all the feedback. We completely understand the frustration you are all dealing with when attempting to delete individual DVR recordings. We have passed along your feedback to our TV partner teams and we are pleased to announce that this feature will be returning in the following days as new updates to boxes come. 

In the meantime, if you have a DVR recording playing you can click the "record" button on your remote and you will see a mini menu that includes the "delete" the recording option. 

Thanks again for all your feedback you have all helped us to improve the customer experience. 

THANK YOU JESSIE!!!

I am so glad someone is listening and paying attention to our concerns.

Thanks again,

Mark D.

New Poster

This is by far the worst thing Xfinity has ever done. Many mistakes, but this just means I don't have time to clear out my shows easily. Why, WHY would you ever do this? Please put it back the way it was now. Whoever decided this was a good option shouldn't be in charge of doing that anymore. As usual, Xfinity is out if touch with how customers use their products. PUT IT BACK
Contributor

@fivebuchs wrote:
This is by far the worst thing Xfinity has ever done. Many mistakes, but this just means I don't have time to clear out my shows easily. Why, WHY would you ever do this? Please put it back the way it was now. Whoever decided this was a good option shouldn't be in charge of doing that anymore. As usual, Xfinity is out if touch with how customers use their products. PUT IT BACK

Fivebuchs....

Read the above before you post.  They are putting it back, per the coment from the Comcast employee posting above.

Regular Visitor

remote button

A giuide
B accessibility
C x1 sports guide
D delete DVR