Community Forum

Only one XiD-C will work at a time.

Regular Visitor

Only one XiD-C will work at a time.

I have 3 cable boxes. An Xg2v2-p and 2 XiD-C. The Xg2 works fine, and I have one XiD-C in the master bedroom working fine. I try to setup another XiD-C in another bedroom and get the rdx-03036 error and it will usually cause the master bedroom XiD-C to lose sound or drop signal all together. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I did the typical restart trouble shooting and talked to a rep via chat. What should I check before looking at a bringing a tech out and paying 60 dollars. Thanks in advance.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Only one XiD-C will work at a time.

Can you give background detail on your cable configuration, splitter, amps etc

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

@Hunterlehman wrote:
I have 3 cable boxes. An Xg2v2-p and 2 XiD-C. The Xg2 works fine, and I have one XiD-C in the master bedroom working fine. I try to setup another XiD-C in another bedroom and get the rdx-03036 error and it will usually cause the master bedroom XiD-C to lose sound or drop signal all together. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I did the typical restart trouble shooting and talked to a rep via chat. What should I check before looking at a bringing a tech out and paying 60 dollars. Thanks in advance.

the XiDs get their tuner from the XG2 via MoCA over the coax. something is interfering with MoCA. what is your splitter/amplifier wiring? an alternative is to swap out the Xids for xg2s that have their own tuner.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Tried swapping to another Xg2 box but now I am getting an error code of rdk-03013. Not really able to find much online about trouble shooting this error code. Any ideas?

Silver Problem Solver

@Hunterlehman wrote:

Tried swapping to another Xg2 box but now I am getting an error code of rdk-03013. Not really able to find much online about trouble shooting this error code. Any ideas?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-errorcode-rdk-03013

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!