Community Forum

On Demand not Working for Subscribed Channels

New Poster

On Demand not Working for Subscribed Channels

I have the X1. When I try to watch an on demand episode on my TV of ANY show on ANY channel (covered under my monthly plans), Xfinity tells me I need to pay or subscribe. The same thing happens when attempt to view shows via HBO Go and Showtime Anytime apps--I'm told I need to subscribe. I can watch these channels live, but not on demand. The issue covers ALL channels that have on demand content, not just premium channels.

I've read through the forums and see this is an ongoing issue covering several years. What is the solution, Comcast? I do not want to go through the signal issue. I've rebooted several times. I would appreciate assistance from a Comcast tech. Please help! Can't believe this issue still exists. It has been around for more than five years!

Expert

Re: On Demand not Working for Subscribed Channels

AceAngie wrote:

I have the X1. When I try to watch an on demand episode on my TV of ANY show on ANY channel (covered under my monthly plans), Xfinity tells me I need to pay or subscribe. The same thing happens when attempt to view shows via HBO Go and Showtime Anytime apps--I'm told I need to subscribe. I can watch these channels live, but not on demand. The issue covers ALL channels that have on demand content, not just premium channels.

I've read through the forums and see this is an ongoing issue covering several years. What is the solution, Comcast? I do not want to go through the signal issue. I've rebooted several times. I would appreciate assistance from a Comcast tech. Please help! Can't believe this issue still exists. It has been around for more than five years!

hi, do you have access to a smart device where you can load and login to the Xfinity My Account app? if so, select the TV tab and view the subscribed channel lineup and verify that you have HBO and Showtime listed in that list.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

AceAngie wrote:

please stop cross-posting and spamming other threads on this forum.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

Sorry! I'm sincerely trying to find the right thread. If this isn't the right place for my request for help, please let me know where to post it. I need help but not sure where to go on here. Thanks.

New Poster

The on demand issue applies to all channels I pay for/am subscribed to. It is not limited to premium channels--it happens with ABC, CBS, etc...thanks.

Expert

AceAngie wrote:

The on demand issue applies to all channels I pay for/am subscribed to. It is not limited to premium channels--it happens with ABC, CBS, etc...thanks.

above, in my reply, I asked you to check your subscribed channels on the my account app. what did you find?

New Poster

An Xfinity employee fixed the issue. Thanks so much for trying to help, Rustyben! Have a great evening and happy holidays!