Community Forum

On Demand Working but Live TV Gets Error

New Poster

On Demand Working but Live TV Gets Error

I got service installed yesterday and the tech came across the same problem. None of the channels came in and gave the error code XRE-10007 but if I got to on demand and load a movie it works fine and the live tv channels start loading again and everything works fine. The problem repeats itself if power is off for an extended period of time, same error message this morning with the same resolution by going to on demand. What’s going on?
Expert

Re: On Demand Working but Live TV Gets Error

@BearForceOne wrote:
I got service installed yesterday and the tech came across the same problem. None of the channels came in and gave the error code XRE-10007 but if I got to on demand and load a movie it works fine and the live tv channels start loading again and everything works fine. The problem repeats itself if power is off for an extended period of time, same error message this morning with the same resolution by going to on demand. What’s going on?

if I recall correctly it means your devices can't get a 'tuner'. would you detail what equipment you have by model number? you may have need to swap out an Xi3-D for an XG2 (has 3 tuners to loan out). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I believe it’s XiD-P
Expert

@BearForceOne wrote:
I believe it’s XiD-P

what equipment do you have (set top boxes). DVR? XR2? xi3/xiD/xi5/xi6?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Diamond Problem Solver

I believe it’s XiD-P

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Small white light is on. Same thing happens every time the tv is off for an extended prior. I’ll get the error message and live tv won’t load, I go into on demand and load a video for streamed and it temporarily fixes the problem but the next day starts all over again.
New Poster

DVR
Diamond Problem Solver

Did you not have a tech out?

New Poster

The tech installed the box, he came across the same problem but did my fix of going to the on demand and he assume it was fixed and left
Official Employee

Hey @BearForceOne

I'd like to help get this resolved for you. I will need to access your account ot review your equipment and signals.

Can you try unplugging the power on the box for about 1 minute and let me know if you get the same error?

Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I had the same issue how I resolve it all was to get rid of all wireless boxes and go had wire. We should not have to be forced to use wireless if we don’t want.
Diamond Problem Solver

Year old thread closed