Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Older projection tvs with component video and compatability with pace v2 x1 box

Frequent Visitor

Older projection tvs with component video and compatability with pace v2 x1 box

I have an older mitsubishi projection tv with component input...but no hdmi. Comcast tech got a pace v2 box for X1 with both hdmi and component video....connected box to monitor via component but only get moving noise lines on the monitor and no sound as well. My monitor has and does handle component well with a standard dvd player both with image and sound using the component color cables and audio jacks....the pace v2 is working...tested it on a separate digital monitor with component color input. Pace v2 does output via its RCA yellow video and red/white audio on this Mitsubishi monitor inputs giving it just yellow cable video and red/white audioinput ...get all dvi features ....good color...good audio but at a lower non component resolution. Smart Comcast tech on site...but we couldn't figure out why. Not getting signal via the component ...just noise on the monitor with no sound..he tried setting the signal to 720 from 1080 etc on his end but still a no go. The older Mitsubishi is housed in custom made cabinetry with fit to size faceplate...don't want to do a major rebuild on my cabinetry for a current hdmi smart tv just yet.....any ideas. Have another Sony HD hdmi monitor in another part of the house...of course works great with the current Arris hdmi only outputs...1080 with all the X1 features. Thoughts to push the res to dvd quality on this legacy system...using the advised pace v2 box.

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Older projection tvs with component video and compatability with pace v2 x1 box

Strangely...when I set the xfinity display...I do get ouput via my Mitsubishi TV on the 1080 with ratio options...via the standard single rca video adapter with the r/l audio coming out of my pace to the tv..not at true 1080p or 1080i res of course...but do get the x1 features including apps....suprising the image is good....my wife says the images look slightly stretched....but no noise or color distortion.

All Replies
Expert

Re: Older projection tvs with component video and compatability with pace v2 x1 box

@spilipshen wrote:
I have an older mitsubishi projection tv with component input...but no hdmi. Comcast tech got a pace v2 box for X1 with both hdmi and component video....connected box to monitor via component but only get moving noise lines on the monitor and no sound as well. My monitor has and does handle component well with a standard dvd player both with image and sound using the component color cables and audio jacks....the pace v2 is working...tested it on a separate digital monitor with component color input. Pace v2 does output via its RCA yellow video and red/white audio on this Mitsubishi monitor inputs giving it just yellow cable video and red/white audioinput ...get all dvi features ....good color...good audio but at a lower non component resolution. Smart Comcast tech on site...but we couldn't figure out why. Not getting signal via the component ...just noise on the monitor with no sound..he tried setting the signal to 720 from 1080 etc on his end but still a no go. The older Mitsubishi is housed in custom made cabinetry with fit to size faceplate...don't want to do a major rebuild on my cabinetry for a current hdmi smart tv just yet.....any ideas. Have another Sony HD hdmi monitor in another part of the house...of course works great with the current Arris hdmi only outputs...1080 with all the X1 features. Thoughts to push the res to dvd quality on this legacy system...using the advised pace v2 box.

only xg1v1 DVR and rng150 companion have component. the yellow is composite video on the v2 you have and the red/white are stereo out. 

Frequent Visitor

The Mitsubishi Big Screen Projection TV was manufactured in 4/2001. Its model number is VS 50609. It offers these outputs: 2 svhs with rca video and audio, component (5 rca jack - 3 color, 2audio), 1 rca video with audio, 2 coaxials in, 1 coxial out, and one front svhs with video rca and audio.

Thanks for your prompt reply...restated...The Comcast Box is an X1, dvi capable "Xfinity" box...it is a Pace v2 box - it offers hdmi and component ( 5 rca jack - 3 color with 2 audio), a video rca jack, digital audio, and usb
(input/output) - outputs.

Currently... I can use the box vis its The (1) standard rca video with (2) audio plugs give perfect output...with all the channels/features/voice remote when connected to the TV on my TV via one of the rca video with audio inputs. Works very well but at this lower resolution.

My issue again is unfortunately I cannot get signal for the set up screen when trying to use the pace box's component to the component on my TV
- just down to up lines...some colored blue or red...

My question is...why can't my pace v2 box with its component output (5 rca plug) work with my TV Mitsubishi model VS 50609 ( 5 rca plug) component input. My Sony and and other brands(I have a few) 5 plug DVD player currently works fine with the TV. Is there still some signal incompatability despite their respective 5 plug compatability - I would like to push the resolution...and overall quality by using the 5 plug component.

Again, this is a short term effort...My Mitsubishi big box projection is in a custom built huge wall-to-wall black formica media room ... with its own deep cabinet and custom face panel..want to wait on a rebuild for an future 4k smart tv.
Official Employee

When you hook up the dvr to the working monitor/tv what is video display set to?
Xfinity button to Gear symbol to Device settings to Video display.
Official Employee

only xg1v1 DVR and rng150 companion have component. the yellow is composite video on the v2 you have and the red/white are stereo out.

It is set at 1080p (16:9 ratio) - best quality....I see option of 480 standard (seems best choice for ratio) and other resolutions ratios ..... getting all of these via standard rca...but see that I can only get apps at the 720 or 1080s resolutions. Should I set the resolution at 480 then switch box to 5 plug...if this works ...will I get better color quality...but at the expense of losing the apps option(Netfix etc)
Official Employee

Try 720 and go from there (possibly your old projector can’t do 1080i or 1080p)
Frequent Visitor

Strangely...when I set the xfinity display...I do get ouput via my Mitsubishi TV on the 1080 with ratio options...via the standard single rca video adapter with the r/l audio coming out of my pace to the tv..not at true 1080p or 1080i res of course...but do get the x1 features including apps....suprising the image is good....my wife says the images look slightly stretched....but no noise or color distortion.
Official Employee

So, it’s working?
Frequent Visitor

Yes...thanks for your time