Community Forum

Numerous problems with X1 platform and error message RDK-03032

New Poster

Numerous problems with X1 platform and error message RDK-03032

Daily I have problem with the X1 system where the TV signal goes out and I get a message that says " Call 1-800-XFINITY and reference RDK-03032." This problem is randum and can occur at any time of day, resulting in outages for many hours, or usually the remainder of the day.

If I call Comcast customer service, usually the wait is usually about 20 minutes before someone comes on and goes through another process of sending signals to my box, at which time they say they need to send a technician out. I then get a call from the technician who says he doesn't need to come out because the problem is with XFINITY's network, and that they are working on it.

If I call back into customer service, I need to first make sure I have about an hour for the process because the customer support person has to go through the same diagnostic test of sending signals to confirm the system is down, before they will refer the problem back to a technician in the field. Usually during this diagnostic process, the technician puts me on hold for another 30 minutes, at which time the phone is hung up, at which time I have to start the process all over again.

RDK-03032 problem continues to occur with no resolution and no one seems to be able to tell me what the problem is, or how to fix it, and no one in customer support knows how to fix this problem.

I have no idea how to get this problem resolved. Does anyone have any idea?

Official Employee

Re: Numerous problems with X1 platform and error message RDK-03032

You have a cable signal issue somewhere, not necessarily strength, but there's something along the way that's cutting that signal in and out not allowing the box to communicate. I had that issue and had two pieces of cable barreled together, replaced it with one whole piece and it went away. Just an example of something to look for at your place
New Poster

No that can't be the case. I also have the same problem and I have been escalated up to top supervisors and technicians. We have had our boxes changed all wiring changed to the pole also and had service people check and repair all the nodes in our neighborhood. After 18, not joking.... 18 service visits from Comcast techs I'm still having major service issues. I have been with Comcast for 8 years and I do not want to go to WOW but enough is enough already. I have only had X1 for 7 weeks and it seems a lot of the service issues [ blank screen xfinity logo top left screen with sound only] are on the weekend.  

Frequent Visitor

I knew its off-topic, but I was chatting online to a Comcast rep and they offered me an upgrade to X1 Triple play for 17.95 from my existing double play. I live in a condo so I need to call the call centre. Is it a true price

Official Employee

Could be but without knowing:
A. What your package included and
B. what your future package is

It's impossible to tell.
New Poster

I am having the same issues. In the last 10 days I have had technicians come to my house 7 times. Comcast has a known problem with this platform. Every technician says so. And four friends/family who have these new boxes have had the same issues, until they replaced them with a former box type.
New Poster

Same problem here
New Poster

Comcast's response is to replace the box (after expending a countless number of resources replicating troubleshooting procedures).  This does not fix the issue.  The technicians know this is an issue that hasn't been resolved by the company.  Comcast needs more R&D on this X1 platform.  The only option seems to be reverting back to the old boxes.  What a shame.

Silver Problem Solver

not-an-X1-fan wrote:

Comcast's response is to replace the box (after expending a countless number of resources replicIating troubleshooting procedures).  This does not fix the issue.  The technicians know this is an issue that hasn't been resolved by the company.  Comcast needs more R&D on this X1 platform.  The only option seems to be reverting back to the old boxes.  What a shame.

I've never had this issue with my X1 system.  I've had it since June of last year.  I think it must be in the equipment between you and wherever you connect to the Comcast servers.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Valued Contributor

I've had X1 since early March and I also have not had this issue. It's not a problem with X1, most likely a problem in certain areas or regions. I know of know one in my area that has encountered the issue.

New Poster

I have had all the same problems, I'm retired and have alot of time on my hands. I have made it my lifes mission to keep them coming out to fix the issues until they put me in the ground. They have been out 5 times since they installed the x-1 platform 2 months ago.  They just left my home after checking a signal issue, which was found by some 3rd teir tech who call me out of the blue. They are slowly fixing the issues but I'm worried this is going to be an ongoing repair issue. I think someone sold them a bill of goods when they decided to go with the new platform. And while im on the subject who designed the remotes? No button for changing inputs on TV, no back lite on buttons so you cant see at night, buttons are small and hard to fine the right one you need, and its lay out sucks. A tech told me to get uses to it as Comcast is going to stay with is platform and will phase out the old platform. 

Silver Problem Solver

Hoppy1955 wrote:

I have had all the same problems, I'm retired and have alot of time on my hands. I have made it my lifes mission to keep them coming out to fix the issues until they put me in the ground. They have been out 5 times since they installed the x-1 platform 2 months ago.  They just left my home after checking a signal issue, which was found by some 3rd teir tech who call me out of the blue. They are slowly fixing the issues but I'm worried this is going to be an ongoing repair issue. I think someone sold them a bill of goods when they decided to go with the new platform. And while im on the subject who designed the remotes? No button for changing inputs on TV, no back lite on buttons so you cant see at night, buttons are small and hard to fine the right one you need, and its lay out sucks. A tech told me to get uses to it as Comcast is going to stay with is platform and will phase out the old platform. 

I addressed your issues with the remote by purchasing a Harmony 650 on Amazon.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I've had x1 for about 6 months or so.  Nothing but problems.  I have to constantly reboot the boxes.  I think I am going to end up going back to the old boxes sadly.  I love the every room dvr but all the problems aren't worth it.  

Also the way comcast has it set up for the technicians is, if you call them back within 30 days the last tech that was there gets a black mark on them.  Thats not fair because there is so many issues with it.

Problem Solver

Very simple solution insist on a tech to come out to correct your signal issue. Once the signal strength is up to spec you will enjoy the X1
Official Employee

I've had x1 for about 6 months or so. Nothing but problems. I have to constantly reboot the boxes. I think I am going to end up going back to the old boxes sadly. I love the every room dvr but all the problems aren't worth it.

Also the way comcast has it set up for the technicians is, if you call them back within 30 days the last tech that was there gets a black mark on them. Thats not fair because there is so many issues with it.

Signal-wise everything looks good on your equipment, you should have a tech out to check for noise, maybe a bad splitter etc. In an unrelated note your present modem is considered "end of life", upgrade to a docsis 3 modem.
Contributor

i have the same problem for about 6 months but after 12 service calls the problem still exists over 200 hrs on the phone complaining but they steer you in the little circle to dead end you , good luck they hear you but they dont reply

Contributor

maybes dont cut it when you are going qn a half a year

New Poster

"The future of awesome" Really? Like everyone else here I chose to upgrade my hd triple play service to X1 for the sweet new features. Boy what a mistake, two months in and I still get screen freezes menu lock up and other assorted issues. Techs have been out several tines and confirm weak signal as the root cause and escalate it to another tech who is suppose to come out and boost it somewhere else nearby. Meanwhile their temporary solution was to completely disconnect one of my 3 set top boxes so the 2 that we primarily use could have enough signal to work properly. At this point I am a very dissatisfied Comcast customer and wish I could go back in time. I have no issues with my service for nearly 15 years but now I have the future of awesome. Awesome!
Contributor

awsomely sad / they put this item on the market and i would recomemmend you contact the fcc for a form to fill out a complaint asap as i will be doing as soon as i receive the letter in the mail , they say it is a latency problem . late is late but no show at all for hours on end is the new future.  what is that suppossed to keep us victoms happy  untill they can figure out what to do to cover theyre mistakes , now they are trying to replace the incoming signal which has left me with no services 10 times in 14 days , i watched a tech install a new cable from pole to house with 2 supervisors standing rigth there , when the 12th visit by a tech i explained my story and the tech said let me look out side 1 hour later after my services were cut off again the tech came to my door and told me the cable from my house to the pole was terrible and rotten and needed to be replaced again , i knew he was lying but it was after 7 pm and i had enough , i saw them a week or so before , as did the 2 supervisors , cut a brand new peice of the roll in his truck replace it with new ends , a totally new peice , so i guess the cable they are using only has a 2 week life expectancy or the tech was lying , which i beleive the tech wanted to get paid for the call , so he probably did but once again my xi service is not right still , when they get to far in they start lying because they are probably getting screwed for have to service this x1 numerous times , when i sit here and listen to the supervisors and techs  tell me that the system is the problem and they are trying every 3 months to figure what the last  program upgrade has screwed up for  them and laugh jokingly it doesent give you to much faith in theyre ability to resolve any issues with this system face it we have no recoarse . over 200 hrs on the phone . i must have talked to every employee in the company even tom karinshank yhe ceo was contacted and after his rep sat there and picked appart evry thing i said got rude and now wont return my calls or emails they pass it to the next person , ????????????????????????????????????

New Poster

I've constantly had problems with X1, it's never worked I keep getting RDK-03032 all the time, have had technichians out and the last ones were here for 2 hrs and left while 2 out of 3 boxes were still not working. Waiting another week and will insist on breaking agreement to leave.

New Poster

I have also experienced the same problems. The customer service is a complete joke. I've spent over 8 hours and at least 25 calls in reference to my Dvr giving me the same error message on one box only. Their customer service asks you the same questions and tells you they can fix it. After you give them your information you wait at least another 20 minutes to speak to a X-1 Tech. My account has been escalated to a upper level tech. That's just great they don't have a clue except for telling you they want to send a signal or reset the boxes or you need a tech appointment. I've tried contacting corporate offices and you can't. I've had credits and approxametly 10 techs come to my home. This has been going on for almost 3 months now. The reason I received the X1 was because they couldn't get the dvr on the old box to record on the same TV. This was a gift to me from my wife in June and to this day I do not have a consistent DVR in the room I want it. I've been with comcast for over 17 years and I've never seen such poor service. They call me during work to ask if my tv is working properly??? I'm at work! I'm really so angry with this entire ordeal. The box works for a week or two and then I'm back on the phone!
Can someone please tell me what actions I can take to get this resolved once and forever! I do like their channels when the box is working properly.
Customer Service and the techs don't get along or speak the same language!!
Problem Solver

Mine has been working fine, but just went out with an RDK-03032 error as well.
New Poster

A technician came to my house and spent 4 hours to put in two x-1 boxes.the boxes worked through the weekend. On Monday both stopped working. Each had the same message that I needed a subscription to watch any television on my tv sets. This is while paying over 220 dollars a month for so called triple play service. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone trying to restore service. Interestingly, Comcast could not find evidence that the boxes were even in my house. The serial numbers were not in the system. No one could figure out how to enter the numbers, and this included the billing, Internet, and tech support. Each hand off to another department resulted in the called being lost on their end and having to start over.. The last person I spoke with suggested I bring the boxes into their office to get them appropriately listed into their system. I am not the tv man. I am a customer provided with defective hardware and incompetent phone support. They obviously don't need the business to be this arrogant and incompetent at the same time.
Expert

contact the x1 support center available 24/7 at 877-896-8678

You pay for cable. You separately pay for X1 equipment that can be provided by TiVo at approximately the same price. I'm sure you can downgrade to the 90s technology legacy DVRs easily. It is good, in my opinion, to see comcast actively adding features and expanding to new regions the xfinity anywhere type of service (on any device).

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

The technology is only as good as the sytem it is attached.  Incompetent installation and service does not get kudos.  And it is time for comcast to provide the service we are paying.  Let them add features, let them provide new service, and let them support in a proactive manner correcting their mistakes.  

Official Employee

The technology is only as good as the sytem it is attached. Incompetent installation and service does not get kudos. And it is time for comcast to provide the service we are paying. Let them add features, let them provide new service, and let them support in a proactive manner correcting their mistakes.

Dhr1234, check your private messages.
New Poster

After reading some on the subject I am thnking the X1 platform does not snyc well with my telervision.  I put the X1 box in a room I don't use and basically switcch for the other box.  Now I am having a lot less problems but they are still there.  I think they put this out too quick and it has a lt of bugs they don't want public!

New Poster

I just passed the 6 month mark with "the future of awesome" and I'm still paying for 3 boxes and only have 2 connected. That's how the last service tech left it as a solution to the weak signal in my neighborhood. Yeah, I'm still waiting for that phone call from management to get my issues addressed and resolved. Threatening to switch to U-Verse is pointless too. I guess they already know it's not available in my area. On a positive note I did receive a $20 credit on my last statement due to service interruption caused by a failed update initiated by their tech people and my internet is awesome. Pretty cool having a 73" HD TV that pixelates and freezes randomly.
Expert

servicemgr wrote:
I just passed the 6 month mark with "the future of awesome" and I'm still paying for 3 boxes and only have 2 connected. That's how the last service tech left it as a solution to the weak signal in my neighborhood. Yeah, I'm still waiting for that phone call from management to get my issues addressed and resolved. Threatening to switch to U-Verse is pointless too. I guess they already know it's not available in my area. On a positive note I did receive a $20 credit on my last statement due to service interruption caused by a failed update initiated by their tech people and my internet is awesome. Pretty cool having a 73" HD TV that pixelates and freezes randomly.

what 3 pieces of x1 equipment do you have? what is hooked up and working and what is not working? 

New Poster

My x1 platform is always having issues we have had to have a tech out already and only had service for 3 weeks. I feel like im using satellite with the pic sometimes! And i get the message that it cant connect with Comcast wth? I think if we as customers are paying over 200 a month we should be getting MUCH better quality service! Get it together!!
New Poster

I agree. I've had nothing but problems. I have the triple play and my WIFI keeps shutting down, along with my house phone. My cable boxes are always down too. Im fed up. I called comcast, was already on the phone with them for 20 min, my phone shut off in the middle of talking to them. If this isnt fixed soon Im shutting it off. Everything was fine till I got the new boxes.
New Poster

I also recieved a bill stating I am paying for 3 boxes and there is no proof I turned in the old boxes. But I have a receipt prooving I turned the old boxes which I had only 2, and thats why they sent me only 2 1x platform boxes. I already talked to someone regarding this but not sure its resolved. My house phone shutoff due to the WIFi going down, ugh!!!
Gold Problem Solver

califeen wrote:
I agree. I've had nothing but problems. I have the triple play and my WIFI keeps shutting down, along with my house phone. My cable boxes are always down too. Im fed up. I called comcast, was already on the phone with them for 20 min, my phone shut off in the middle of talking to them. If this isnt fixed soon Im shutting it off. Everything was fine till I got the new boxes.

Yus are having signal issues, especially if you are losing VOIP as well.....    if you cannot call into Comcast, then try using the online chat by going here:   https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/Protected.aspx

You need to get a TECH out to your residence to fix those signal issues!

Gold Problem Solver

califeen wrote:
I also recieved a bill stating I am paying for 3 boxes and there is no proof I turned in the old boxes. But I have a receipt prooving I turned the old boxes which I had only 2, and thats why they sent me only 2 1x platform boxes. I already talked to someone regarding this but not sure its resolved. My house phone shutoff due to the WIFi going down, ugh!!!

Sine you have triple play, your Internet (WiFi) modem is also within the Gateway device that contauns your EMTA for your VOIP phone service...   with both of these services going down, you have signal issues or that Gateway is bad.  Get a TECH out right away!!!

New Poster

We had the same problems with the same error message.  We have 4 TVs and upgraded to one X1 box and three of the set tops for the X1 so cable and recorded programs could be watched on our other three TVs.  

Here is what we found out.  When you are recording 4 shows and want to watch a 5th there is no trouble.  Changing the station will produce the error and the cable will revert back to the program you were watching.  None of the other set tops would watch anything other than what the main TV was programmed to.  Very inconvenient.  When I disconnected one of the other set tops, we could change stations on two of the TVs while recording 4 shows.  It appears that each cable box never shuts off so it appears that those TVs are actually watching another station when the TVs are off.

It is an inconvenience when you have a large family and several TVs.  We used to have 2 DVRs and 2 HD boxes.  Our solution after my last call with technical support was to upgrade our three other boxes to what is called the X1 Pace box.  When I went back to the local office they had NO IDEA what I was talking about.  Their solutions was to provide us with a second X1 main box and I will not know until tomorrow when I have time to set it up, whether we can record 4 shows and have independent viewing on the other 3 boxes.

Confused yet???  Good, because after 6+ hours with technical support and 4 trips to the local cable office - I am also as confused.  

Gold Problem Solver

We have never really been clearly told how this works. It if you have multiple X1 DVRs it depends upon if you schedule recordings in advance or if you start "hot" recordings. If you are in a room that has an X1 DVR and you simply press the record button you are starting a hot recording and each DVR should be able to do six. It sounds like if they are scheduled recordings the online scheduler let's you do six total.

FYI you should know that when you have multiple X1 DVRs in your house they will "see" each others recording lists. X1 DVRs pool. They won't be "independent".
Gold Problem Solver

gdeane wrote:

We had the same problems with the same error message.  We have 4 TVs and upgraded to one X1 box and three of the set tops for the X1 so cable and recorded programs could be watched on our other three TVs.  

<snipped>

It is an inconvenience when you have a large family and several TVs.  We used to have 2 DVRs and 2 HD boxes.  Our solution after my last call with technical support was to upgrade our three other boxes to what is called the X1 Pace box.  When I went back to the local office they had NO IDEA what I was talking about.  Their solutions was to provide us with a second X1 main box and I will not know until tomorrow when I have time to set it up, whether we can record 4 shows and have independent viewing on the other 3 boxes.

Confused yet???  Good, because after 6+ hours with technical support and 4 trips to the local cable office - I am also as confused.  

I am going out on a limb here, but it sounds like you have 1 DVR and 3 Xi3's ( which borrow a tuner from the DVR )....  Yes, swapping out the Xi3's to Pace RNG150's will give you back the tuner in those locations and will not take away from the DVR...

There was a recent FW upgrade to "most" DVR's that now allow for 6 tuners....

I have 2 DVR's and can record 10 shows while watching 2 different shows live....

Please post back your final results !

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Problem Solver

geek46 wrote:

gdeane wrote:

<snipped>

I am going out on a limb here, but it sounds like you have 1 DVR and 3 Xi3's ( which borrow a tuner from the DVR )....  Yes, swapping out the Xi3's to Pace RNG150's will give you back the tuner in those locations and will not take away from the DVR...

There was a recent FW upgrade to "most" DVR's that now allow for 6 tuners....

I have 2 DVR's and can record 10 shows while watching 2 different shows live....

Please post back your final results !

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

There seems to be some misinformation spreading. In fact, Xi3s do not 'steal' a tuner; the X1 DVR will always grab the tuner back from Xi3 use when a recording needs it, meaning you can still record 6 shows at once no matter how many Xi3s you have. The Xi3 will show an error message when this happens and offer an override. There are plenty of posts from Comcast employees about how this works.

Gold Problem Solver

sc,

You are mincing works here. Please reread my latest post in this thread about scheduling "hot" real time recordings or scheduling recordings in advance.

I have never tested an Xi3 box nor will I ever have one in my house. But I think it is clear to say that Xi3 boxes steal an X1 DVR tuner but recordings take priority. I am not sure this is anything new...

Gold Problem Solver

scjohnson312 wrote:
There seems to be some misinformation spreading. In fact, Xi3s do not 'steal' a tuner; the X1 DVR will always grab the tuner back from Xi3 use when a recording needs it, meaning you can still record 6 shows at once no matter how many Xi3s you have. The Xi3 will show an error message when this happens and offer an override. There are plenty of posts from Comcast employees about how this works.

OP stated they are getting the error message, but want the remote boxes to be able to view live Tuning when the DVR is recording 4 shows....  thereby necessitating the need to swap out for Pace RNG150 boxes with internal tuner in order to NOT see the error message and restore full functionality ( live tv ) viewing to those locations.

-=Ray=-

New Poster

Let me tell you a real story.....I had a problem with signal, phone, and error messages with the old style boxes and was told to upgrade to the X-1 Platform to correct it!  Well, it did not and the problems stilll exist.

I get error messages on all three tv's running off the boxes, the sound will click on and off along with the picture.  On demand will not work at times or give me an error message, the tv's will tile, go blank and you need to reboot the boxes to make it work for awhile.  If it is snowing out or raining hard, the problems can escalate and the phone lines will go on and off or have a crackle sound on them.

This has been going on for over two years and still no resolution.  Century Link can not give me the internet speed needed since I work out of my home, and they do not plan on increasing speed or going with fiber optics in my area for years to come.  I have my own modem, hardcore router and can get internet hardwired at close to 100 and 45 wifi, but when things start going wrong, the internet speed slows down and wifi along it.  I am in a dead zone with cell and have an extender that works on GPS and needs the cable to funtion.  When not working properly, all problems can and does happen while I am trying to work from home, or watch tv on one of my three connected tv's.

Sixteen tech's later, three supervisors and still no resolution.  I am up to tier two and three now, and believe that this is a signal problem and MOCA filter problem.  Even with an amplifier connected to my outside box, my tv's fail, phones die, and internet signal wanes far to often.  If there were other options like Cox, Verizon, or others in the area, I would change providers, but that does not exist in my area.....it is Comcast or bust and I will not let this problem be as it is!!  I pay good money to have multiple phone lines, tv reception, and internet, and believe that this should be fixed now.....

So, going back to the old boxes will not work for me, and the newer X-1 platform needs to be corrected to handle this signal proberly.  We now have 13 satellite dishes in my HOA street alone and I do not want to switch unless I have to with Century Link being so slow with internet.

Let's talk about options here and do some problem solving!!

Silver Problem Solver

Is this an option?

Century Link for TV

Comcast for Internet

Admin1

c_deacon -- Apologies for the continual TV issues. After having 16 techs and 3 Sups it sounds like you need higher than Tier 2 or 3. I can get you that. I wasn't able to locate your account information. Can you send that to me in a private message please?

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

Every single day, several times a day I get the stupid error that X1 cannot connect.  I haven't had this system for very long, and am regretting my decision to change to Xfinity.  Was told new cords, spent money on that, was told to unplug, and plug in, works for one channel change.  Can't get into on demand programs, having problems, xre-22-srm-8101.  I feel like I'm being ripped off, and believe that anyone who is having these problems deserve to be given financial credit for not being able to access what we were promised.  I asked specific questions before I agreed to sign up, and everything was a flat out lie. 

Expert

mallrat615 wrote:

Every single day, several times a day I get the stupid error that X1 cannot connect.  I haven't had this system for very long, and am regretting my decision to change to Xfinity.  Was told new cords, spent money on that, was told to unplug, and plug in, works for one channel change.  Can't get into on demand programs, having problems, xre-22-srm-8101.  I feel like I'm being ripped off, and believe that anyone who is having these problems deserve to be given financial credit for not being able to access what we were promised.  I asked specific questions before I agreed to sign up, and everything was a flat out lie. 

Hi, I'm a customer just like you. Previous issues like this have been fixed by using the chat feature or by calling 800-Comcast and ask for billing to check/update your billing codes. Would you let us know via reply what they did to fix your account?

Gold Problem Solver

The one thing you did not say is that you have had a Comcast tech out to your house. Most X1 issues cannot be fixed by phone, over chat or from any from Comcast working from a remote location. An onsite tech can test for things that no other Comcast employee can test for. A vast majority of X1 issues are poor signal related and they require a tech to fix.

Of course your time is valuable. But there is a pretty decent change a tech visit could fix your issues...

mallrat615 wrote:

Expert
Moved:

Expert

closed year-old thread