Community Forum

Notification continues to appear

New Poster

Notification continues to appear

I cannot get a notification to go away. After clicking exit it goes away momentarily but comes back. A hard reset did not fix it.
image.jpg
Expert

Re: Notification continues to appear

That looks like a notification coming from a "smart" tv. In that case you MUST use you tv remote and "select" button to view the notification.

If by any chance it is from Comcast, I believe you can use the gear symbol on remote to enter menu and turn off notifications.

Official Employee

Mntundra, That’s actually a message from the X1 box. And it’s not a normal notification so your advice doesn’t fit.
Official Employee

CoryRoss24, when and how often does it show?
Gold Problem Solver

I have seen that notification a couple of times. Not sure what is prompting it but I seem to recall that it is easy to clear.
Expert

CoryRoss24 wrote:
I cannot get a notification to go away. After clicking exit it goes away momentarily but comes back. A hard reset did not fix it.

to see this screen while watching live TV just press the left button. the KFC advert in the captured image is from the live TV running in the background. to dismiss the screen after pressing the left button press exit or the right button.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I had the same problem- it seems to be a software issue. I called Comcast, they sent a signal to the box to reset it. When it rebooted the "Notification" screen was gone and everything looked fine. We just got a new box and smart TV so I'm not sure if this was the issue. The representative said to have a technician come check it out or get a new box.
New Poster

Have you figured out what caused the issue? My TV has been doing the same thing. I got a new box, cables, and a remote and it continues to do it. The people at my local Comcast are clueless as to what could be causing it.
20180627_173815.jpg
Expert

@Courtlynn92 wrote:
Have you figured out what caused the issue? My TV has been doing the same thing. I got a new box, cables, and a remote and it continues to do it. The people at my local Comcast are clueless as to what could be causing it.

one of your remotes (drawer maybe?) is pressing the left button

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

I'm not sure what you mean by the left button and we only have one remote for it. Nine times out of ten it is just sitting on the end table untouched when this happens.
Expert

@Courtlynn92 wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by the left button and we only have one remote for it. Nine times out of ten it is just sitting on the end table untouched when this happens.

the left button on 'a' remote or other device that can send button pushes is pressing the 'left' button function. do you have other old remotes around?

Regular Visitor

Call Comcast. Apparently a weak signal and Comcast gives it a boost