Regular Visitor

Not getting caller ID on television

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Not getting caller ID on television

@moreofless wrote:

There is a Setting for it; is it on?

1. Press Xfinity button to bring up the Xfinity menu on the bottom of the screen.

2. Scroll right to select the Gear icon for settings, press OK. (Quicker to scroll left and wrap around to the right end.)

3. Scroll down to select Preferences, press OK.

4. Scroll down to select Xfinity Voice, then press OK to change the setting.

5. Press Exit to finish.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

I am having the same problem also my main box and secondary box or very sluggish and slow to respond. And I checked and it is set on
Regular Visitor

This has always been set correctly but it rarely has worked. It worked for a short time after a call to Comcast but then stopped. I should not have to call all the time to fix this.
Silver Problem Solver

@moreofless wrote:
This has always been set correctly but it rarely has worked. It worked for a short time after a call to Comcast but then stopped. I should not have to call all the time to fix this.

When this happens, do you check Settings to see if it is still on?  I've never lost caller-id, but with approximately 20 million X1 users, there must be something about some users equipment.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue as well, new install as of 6/25. XB6 modem/router, I have voice and HD/DVR TV. The setting has been set and I've restarted the gateway and box a number of times.

I've seen in other threads about this that a Comcast employee needs to intervene @ComcastMikeC has been very helpful in the threads I have read. Might he come to our rescue as well??  😁    EDIT: the image uploaded fine but was missing when it posted the reply and I can not remove it

MVIMG_20190719_144358.jpg

Silver Problem Solver

@jdelano0310 wrote:

I'm having the same issue as well, new install as of 6/25. XB6 modem/router, I have voice and HD/DVR TV. The setting has been set and I've restarted the gateway and box a number of times.

I've seen in other threads about this that a Comcast employee needs to intervene @ComcastMikeC has been very helpful in the threads I have read. Might he come to our rescue as well??  😁    EDIT: the image uploaded fine but was missing when it posted the reply and I can not remove it

MVIMG_20190719_144358.jpg

Just an FYI: I have had the XB6 for almost a year and I have never had an issue with caller-id.  My landline is plugged into the XB6.  I recently had to move my phone base station next to my XB6 because I had issues with the phone line in another room.  That probably doesn't help you.

Regular Visitor

All notifications are turned on. This has never worked except for a short time ( a day or two) after after a long call to customer service.
Silver Problem Solver

@moreofless wrote:
All notifications are turned on. This has never worked except for a short time ( a day or two) after after a long call to customer service.

Did you do a system refresh?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh

Regular Visitor

Did a system refresh and verified notifications are on. Still does not work.