Community Forum

Not Able To Watch Some In Progress Recordings

Regular Contributor

Not Able To Watch Some In Progress Recordings

On some of my recordings I'm not able to watch them while they're recording. I'll go to the recordings and when I click the show it will list "episode, options, cancel, delete" but watch is not listed.

Does not happen with all recordings, just ocassionally and wil do it on both X1 boxes

Official Employee

Re: Not Able To Watch Some In Progress Recordings

@reggie77

Thanks for using our forum. I wanted to see if you can test something for me. While the episode is recording if you manually change to that channel instead of going to the recordings on the DVR (enter the channel number on the remote), does the same thing happen? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

adding... another check ... also try a smart device in home while recording. can you watch stream app of the recording in progress even if can't watch it in home?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Reg,

I sometimes get this with NBC Nightly News -- never saw it with anything else. If I go to Xfinity/settings/device/sync DVR, it fixes it.