Community Forum

Non X1 box installed; missing many channels too.

New Poster

Non X1 box installed; missing many channels too.

We just switched to Xfinity after many years with DirecTV. We got a DVR box and 3 non-DVR boxes for bedrooms and basement. When I look at my devices (and on my account online) I have an X1 DVR, 2 X1 non-DVR boxes and one box that is not listed as an X1 box. It just says "TV Box." The others say "X1 TV Box." The one that is listed as not a X1 box is Arris model: HD-DTA1000/4305/000. The other two that are listed as X1 boxes are moel Pace XiDP PXD01ANI.

Is the Arris model not an X1 box? If so, why would a tech install a non-X1 box to a new account?

Also, we signed up for a pretty robust channel line-up and get all the channels on the DVR, but many channels are missing on all the non-DVR boxes. The channel line-up should be the same on all boxes, correct?

Expert

Re: Non X1 box installed; missing many channels too.

@datbfun wrote:

We just switched to Xfinity after many years with DirecTV. We got a DVR box and 3 non-DVR boxes for bedrooms and basement. When I look at my devices (and on my account online) I have an X1 DVR, 2 X1 non-DVR boxes and one box that is not listed as an X1 box. It just says "TV Box." The others say "X1 TV Box." The one that is listed as not a X1 box is Arris model: HD-DTA1000/4305/000. The other two that are listed as X1 boxes are moel Pace XiDP PXD01ANI.

Is the Arris model not an X1 box? If so, why would a tech install a non-X1 box to a new account?

Also, we signed up for a pretty robust channel line-up and get all the channels on the DVR, but many channels are missing on all the non-DVR boxes. The channel line-up should be the same on all boxes, correct?

xid/xi3 set top boxes can also be loaded and work as DTA (digital TV adapters). if the guide is 'multi-colored' then those are DTAs and will receive all channels that are linear and do not require 2 way authorization (like premium channels). you can replace a DTA xi3/xiD with an xi3/xid x1 set top box at any time. price is usually $3 more per month. note that each will use a tuner as an X1 set top box so one should be changed to an xg2 which has its own tuner plus 3 more to loan out. this maximizes the tuners available to record on your local/cloud DVR. the xg2 is the same price as the xi3/xiD companion set top boxes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!