Community Forum

Noisy X1DVR

Frequent Visitor

Noisy X1DVR

What is the quietest X1DVR box? All I know is this new one has the blue button. The tech says its the fan making the noise! This is unacceptable. When I was with DirectTV, I had this issue and the box was it was immediately  replaced at no charge with a non defective box. My Xfinity TV was installed on April 9, and have had this issue since day one. I have enjoyed my new Xfinity TV service, especially the remote! Surely there is a quieter brand DVR box, and if not, I will be forced to make another decision.

Any suggestions as the brand to ask for will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Expert

Re: Noisy X1DVR

@sleed wrote:

What is the quietest X1DVR box? All I know is this new one has the blue button. The tech says its the fan making the noise! This is unacceptable. When I was with DirectTV, I had this issue and the box was it was immediately  replaced at no charge with a non defective box. My Xfinity TV was installed on April 9, and have had this issue since day one. I have enjoyed my new Xfinity TV service, especially the remote! Surely there is a quieter brand DVR box, and if not, I will be forced to make another decision.

Any suggestions as the brand to ask for will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You can get the box exchanged "no charge" at the nearest service center. Are you keeping the box separate from other devices (not stacked) in an open area?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

The XG1V4 doesn’t have a fan at all, swap it out for that one

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, sleed! Thank you for posting! I can ship you a new XG1V4 at no charge.Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Your help has been greatly appreciated. I called customer service and gave them the model number you suggested. He promptly filled out the request and set up an appointment date. The technician arrived within the alloted time. He brought  a different DVR than the model suggested stating he did not have that one, that I would should have gone to the store to pick one up. My answer to him was I wasn't aware that I needed to do that, and would have if I had know. The XF1 message appeared stating "a new device called  the ArrisGro-DAF4" connected to my home network for the first time. This unit isn't making a sound. Thank you for your help. 

Now to get a stronger strength wifi signal. Any suggestions on that? My TV is freezing often, and when it does I get a message "There was  a problem connecting to WiFi, Please check that your wireless gateway is powered on. Try moving your set-top box closer to your gateway." Guess I need additional extenders. I currently have two Apple Extreme's

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for your reply to my plea!! I had started making arrangements for box suggested, when I received your offer. Please read my reply to Comcast Andrew.

Thank you again! 

I was not aware Comcast agents were reading and offering help for these posts. Such a pleasant suprise and greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thank you again!!

Official Employee

@sleed - Thank you for the kind words. If you still want to get a new 4K DVR - please let me know. Where is your gateway located? Which part of your house/apartment?