Community Forum

Noisy Fan in X1 DVR

Regular Visitor

Noisy Fan in X1 DVR

My cable box died earlier this week, and a technician swapped it out with a different model, the X1 XG1-P DVR.  The fan noise is terrible, even when turned off into standby mode.  Does anyone know how to quiet the fan, or does the unit need to be replaced?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Noisy Fan in X1 DVR

That model is the worst for fans(and functionality), it needs to get swapped

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Understood, thank you Andrew!  Is that something I can initiate on this site, or do I need to call?

Diamond Problem Solver

I’ve escalated it up to a colleague who’ll reply on this thread shortly to get your account information privately and you can go on from there about how we can get you newer equipment

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Thanks, @CCAndrew! Hi @EricVan, Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I've had that same model before and had to have mine swapped as well so let's get this taken care of as soon as possible. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, then I can start the process to have a new one shipped. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Message sent - thank you very much!

Official Employee

You're very welcome! I've replied Smiley Happy 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

've sent the info you requested.  Thank you!

Official Employee

You're welcome! I ran into a few issues when attempting to send the new DVR, but was able to find a different way to send it. I've provided more details in our private message and will follow up with you in the same message on Sunday to make sure you received the box. Chat with you soon.  

Official Employee

Thank you for allowing me to assist you @EricVan. If you have any issues in the future, please let us know. We'd be happy to help. Take care!