Community Forum

No signal and have to unplug power everytime

New Poster

No signal and have to unplug power everytime

Everytime I power on my Tv with X1 remote I get a no signal message. I need to unplug the power on the x1 box and replying it in and the the signal will come through. This happens everytime I shut the tv off. This is the 2nd box I tried and the same issue happens. Could this be the hdmi cord or an incompatibility with the tv and X1 box? Comcast reps couldn’t figure it out. The TV is a Sony bravia 4K tv. It was the very first 4K tv to be released by Sony? Could it be something with the age of the Tv? 5 years old?
Expert

Re: No signal and have to unplug power everytime

@Shadysilvi wrote:
Everytime I power on my Tv with X1 remote I get a no signal message. I need to unplug the power on the x1 box and replying it in and the the signal will come through. This happens everytime I shut the tv off. This is the 2nd box I tried and the same issue happens. Could this be the hdmi cord or an incompatibility with the tv and X1 box? Comcast reps couldn’t figure it out. The TV is a Sony bravia 4K tv. It was the very first 4K tv to be released by Sony? Could it be something with the age of the Tv? 5 years old?

if this is the no-clock 4k X1 DVR version 4 it is a known problem comcast is working on. a quick fix when connection is lost is to use TV remote and change input to another HDMI working port (like roku, DVD, chromecast, etc), then change back. if you don't have a live port pulling and reinserting the HDMI cable end or reboot the box.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

we have a Vizio UHD 4K tv and have had this problem for months on the x1 satelite box.  Every day, when starting up, no signal.  Had to unplug / replug the box, wait, then its fine.  Until the next morning.  The tech said that it was most likely due to schedule daily updates.  I changed the schedule to a time frame when we were not around and still had the issue.  I figured it was the box.  Upstairs with the X1 box, we had a Hisense tv that worked great until it died on Tuesday.  So, I moved the Vizio and connected it to the X1, it worked fine for that day, convincing me that the issue was the truly the other box.  Now, 2 days in a row, in the morning, after being off for a long time (6+ hrs), when the Vizio is turned on, there is no signal.  It does not matter what HDMI port is used, no signal.  If you turn the box off / on, you get signal and all is well.  I have read many other forum posts and it appears that this a known issue, yet is unresolved.  

Due to the frustration, and amount of money we are paying, we are about to jump to satelite (dish, etc.)

Expert

@EaglesRidge wrote:

we have a Vizio UHD 4K tv and have had this problem for months on the x1 satelite box.  Every day, when starting up, no signal.  Had to unplug / replug the box, wait, then its fine.  Until the next morning.  The tech said that it was most likely due to schedule daily updates.  I changed the schedule to a time frame when we were not around and still had the issue.  I figured it was the box.  Upstairs with the X1 box, we had a Hisense tv that worked great until it died on Tuesday.  So, I moved the Vizio and connected it to the X1, it worked fine for that day, convincing me that the issue was the truly the other box.  Now, 2 days in a row, in the morning, after being off for a long time (6+ hrs), when the Vizio is turned on, there is no signal.  It does not matter what HDMI port is used, no signal.  If you turn the box off / on, you get signal and all is well.  I have read many other forum posts and it appears that this a known issue, yet is unresolved.  

Due to the frustration, and amount of money we are paying, we are about to jump to satelite (dish, etc.)

use the voice remote on your 'satellite' box connected TV and say 'about'. what is the rest of the line to the right of STB version?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!