Community Forum

No live TV on X1

New Poster

No live TV on X1

We just installed a X1 box in our house. We have internet through Comcast as well.

On the X1, we can get Netflix and a few other things , but no live TV. I have tried restarting and refreshing.

What would be causing this, obviously the X1 is connected since it can receive Netflix
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: No live TV on X1

What box and when you press guide what shows?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

It’s the X1 with cloud DVR- xg2v2-p.

The guide does come up and you can see what I assume are the correct show names, but no video comes up.

When it’s trying to tune to a channel, an error message comes up but goes away again before I can read anything.
Bronze Problem Solver

Gcbphoto -- I would be happy to check this for you from here. I would just need to troubleshoot a few things with you. Please send me a private message verifying your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I am experiencing the same problem. I can see shows listed on the guide and can watch recorded shows, but just a blank screen (and no sound) when I try to watch live tv.

Expert

@rhondahelms wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem. I can see shows listed on the guide and can watch recorded shows, but just a blank screen (and no sound) when I try to watch live tv.

what is the model number of your device? use the voice function 'about' and reply with the rest of the line after 'STB version...'

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

it is an x1 box

New Poster

STB AX061AEI is the first part...do you need the rest?

Silver Problem Solver

@rhondahelms wrote:

That might be the Xi6:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@rhondahelms wrote:

the xi6 and xi5 use your modem/gateway to communicate with either an X1 DVR or an X1 model xg2 hub. The DVR or hub provide the tuner. have you verified your DVR/hub is powered on and working (able to watch live TV)? is the MoCA LED illuminated on your modem/gateway?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Hello, rhondahelms. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with trying to watch live TV. I can certainly look further into the issue if you are still having issues. Feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The DVR/hub is working and all 3 other tv's are working just fine. 

Official Employee

Hello, rhondahelms. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.