Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

No audio when connecting X1 DVR to Harman Kardon AVR 1565 receiver

New Poster

No audio when connecting X1 DVR to Harman Kardon AVR 1565 receiver

I have finally connected my Xfinity X1 dvr to my Harman Kardon AVR, the video is working but no audio. Here is the detailed description.

1- I connected the X1 dvr directly to the TV HDMI with HDMI cable, video and audio both work fine.

2- I connected the HDMI output of a Sony blue Ray player to the Harmon Kardon AVR 1565 via HDMI cable. Connected the HK receiver HDMI output to the HDMI input of the TV. Both the video and audio worked fine. 

3- I connected the X1 dvr to Harmon Kardon AVR 1565 via HDMI cable (X1 HDMI output to HK receiver HDMI-1 input). Connected the HK receiver HDMI output to the first HDMI input of the TV. The video is working but no audio

As described in # 2, the connection from Blue Ray to HK receiver to the TV works fine (both video and audio are ok) and when I turn the volume dial on HK it shows both "-" and "+" Db and audio is fine. But when Xfinity X1 is connected, there is no audio (only video) and the volume dial on HK receiver shows only "-" Db and not the "+" values.

Contributor

Re: No audio when connecting X1 DVR to Harman Kardon AVR 1565 receiver

Why not hook it up so cable box to tv, then use the Sony TV ARC HDMI out(either HDMI 1 or HDMI 4/be sure to turn on ARC output on tv) and then send ARC to the Harmon Kardin receiver. Everything will work fine that way. Your BlueRay player doesn't need to be in that loop. It would just be plugged into a different HDMI input of tv directly. If you have a 4k Sony TV, you don't want to be trying to double upscale the cable signal. It just causes problems either picture or sound.
Contributor

Re: No audio when connecting X1 DVR to Harman Kardon AVR 1565 receiver

To clarify, you can still run the BlueRay through the HK receiver's passthrough hdmi, just a different HDMI input than the cable box input. And make sure the cable box goes to tv first, than use Sony's ARC HDMI out to HK receiver. Turn in ARC output in tv settings.