Community Forum

No Stop button? (live tv always playing in the background)

Regular Contributor

No Stop button? (live tv always playing in the background)

I'm very new to X1 (XG1v4). I've used various DVR's (Dish, Direct, Tivo, WMC, etc) in my lifetime and they all had a Stop button. It's strange to me that live tv is always playing in the background on the XG1v4. Actually it's kind of annoying. Is there some secret way to stop live tv from "always being there"?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: No Stop button? (live tv always playing in the background)

Are you referring to a pause button?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I prefer the XR11 and they are free at the nearest Xfinity Store.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

No, not pause, STOP.

Having live tv playing all the time, or even paused, uses one of the tuners and probably some of the hard drive space. If I pressed pause and went to watch 3 hours of on demand or netflix, that tuner would be in use and 3% of my hard drive space would be used.

That's not really a big deal, It's not likely I'll be using all the disk space or all 6 tuners at once. But I never actually watch live tv on this DVR. I only use it for recording and on demand. So it's annoying that, after I finish watching on demand or netflix or a dvr recorded show, live tv is there blaring in the background while I choose what I'm going to watch next.

For now, I have just set live tv to one of the music channels.

Official Employee

No, there isn’t a way to do what you’re thinking.