Community Forum

No Signal on tv from main cable box

Highlighted
Contributor

No Signal on tv from main cable box

No signal message on tv occurred last Friday. Performed all troubleshooting with tv working after system reset, but when I turned off the tv the message would appear again upon turning it on.  I replaced cable and HDMI, tried the box on a different tv and still had the same issue. I have 3 other TVs and they do not have this problem even when I get the message on my primary box. Called customer service, but issue was not solved. I got a new cable box at my nearby Xfinity store on Sunday.

TV worked without problems until this morning. I turned it on and it worked, but after I turned it off and then turned it on again , I got the no signal message again. I need this issue resolved. It is not feasible for me to do a system reset every time I turn on the tv. Can someone online from Comcast help me with this problem? Thanks 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: No Signal on tv from main cable box

That should read no SIGNAL

Highlighted
Contributor

I switched my main cable box to my 4K UHD LG tv and put my small hd box on my Sharp tv. It worked immediately on my LG tv,but my Sharp tv had issues when rebooting (screen flashing during reboot and after) I changed resolution to 1080i from 1080p and this appears to have corrected the no signal issue so far.. By the way my Sharp tv is a 1080p.

I'm reluctant to say my issue is resolved, but it has worked without any problems for now

Highlighted
New Poster

MY SIMPLE SOLUTION - I have an older X1 identified as "XG1-A" on lower right front panel and "Arris AX013ANC" on bottom label. When I initially connected this cable box with a Toshiba 40L2200U with HDMI cable more than a year ago there was never a problem with the signal. In the past six months or so a "no signal" condition began to occur. The signal could be restored by turning the X1 cable box off and on and waiting for it to reboot. However, I noticed that a 2nd TV connected to that same box via a composite video cable NEVER had this issue, and discovered that I could restore the HDMI connection by using the remote with the 2nd TV and resetting the HDMI video settings on the X1 box. It eventually got to the point where the "no signal" condition occurred almost every time the Toshiba TV was turned on.

Here's how the problem was fixed: I ordered an inexpensive HDMI video switch (about $10 on Amazon or $6 on eBay). It is packaged in a "U" shaped enclosure and has 3 video inputs and one output. The output went to the Toshiba TV and the X1 box was connected to one of the three inputs (the other two inputs are un-used). Since I have installed this switch I now get an HDMI signal on the Toshiba 100% of the time. This solution may work for you too.

3-Port HDMI Switch Solves "No Signal" Problem3-Port HDMI Switch Solves "No Signal" Problem

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion. I changed the video resulution to 1080i instead of 1080p and haven't had an issue since. I know it's not the tv or box because I have switced them around with my other tv's and boxes(4 of them), but the issue only occurs on this Sharp tv, but any other connection(Roku, etc) the tv provides a 1080p signal without fail. So I believe some issue arose involving comcast somewhere. I ,too, do not wish to restart this particular tv everytime I turn it on, so I am ok with the 1080i signal. I, also got a new mainbox during this time with no change regarding my issue. I don't know what happened but I had no issues prior to this happening out of the blue.I may try your solution at some point. Thanks