Community Forum

No Caller ID on TV Screen

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No Caller ID on TV Screen

After upgrating my plan I don't have anymore caller ID display on the TV screen.

I talked to three diferent customer service representotives but they couldn't find what is wrong.

Voice over IP is provisioned and voice notificatin is on.

Any advice?

Frequent Visitor

Re: No Caller ID on TV Screen

I have same problem after installing new modem.  Supposedly there is a ticket to 2nd level that I was suppose to receive a call back within 24 hrs. which was 96 hours ago.  Another issue that I discovered, that I was hoping to talk to 2nd level about, is now on the Xfinity Connect App, all my old call information is gone and there is a message that "Your Xfinity Digital Voice service was recently changed.  To learn more, go to ...

@eliajad wrote:

After upgrating my plan I don't have anymore caller ID display on the TV screen.

I talked to three diferent customer service representotives but they couldn't find what is wrong.

Voice over IP is provisioned and voice notificatin is on.

Any advice?

Silver Problem Solver

Is it turned on?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-text-messaging-notifications

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes it is

Silver Problem Solver

@eliajad wrote:

Yes it is

I assume you have only one TV and stb?  Are you subscribed to Xfinity Voice?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

I'm sorry to start off venting, but I promise, there is a good outcome,. I never received call back on my ticket to 2nd level.  After the usual hour trying to find ticket and then another 1/2 on hold with 2nd level, within 10 minutes, 3 issues cleared up.  It was the new xfi gateway that caused my telephone number to deactivate as far as caller id showing on the tv and this also caused all my phone history in Xfinity Connect to disappear.  2nd level can fix.  Also, this caused me not to be able to set up nomorobocall.  They are now all working.

Regular Visitor

2nd leve was unable to fix they send a thech that was unable to fix.

They said wait for system refresh but nothinng good happening for two days.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Thank you for your help

Official Employee

Hi there, eliajad. I am very sorry to hear about the caller ID trouble that you're dealing with, ever since making changes to your plan. Here is a link that has some general information about the caller ID to TV feature as well: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/requirements-for-universal-caller-id?. In order to determine what might be causing the issue for you, I'd like to review your account. I will need to make sure that we have the proper coding on there, otherwise it can cause problems of this nature. In order to get started, please send me a private message with your name (first and last) and we can continue from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I look forward to hearing back from you! Thanks. 

I am glad that you were able to get everything worked out,  . Thank you for letting us know. If you need further support from us, please create a new post and we will be glad to help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thank you for

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hi there, eliajad. I am very sorry to hear about the caller ID trouble that you're dealing with, ever since making changes to your plan. Here is a link that has some general information about the caller ID to TV feature as well: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/requirements-for-universal-caller-id?. In order to determine what might be causing the issue for you, I'd like to review your account. I will need to make sure that we have the proper coding on there, otherwise it can cause problems of this nature. In order to get started, please send me a private message with your name (first and last) and we can continue from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I look forward to hearing back from you! Thanks. 

I am glad that you were able to get everything worked out,  . Thank you for letting us know. If you need further support from us, please create a new post and we will be glad to help.

Thank yo for your response,

I escaleded my issue to the office of Tom Karinshak and was promised that it will be fixed by next week  I'm waiting for a fix.

Official Employee

Understood. Thank you for letting me know. What I will do is keep an eye on this then and will check in with you here later this upcoming week to confirm whether or not you're all set. They should be able to get you taken care of though. I will check back in with you soon. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, how is everything going with support on your account/service?

Regular Visitor

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hi, how is everything going with support on your account/service?

No action so far still have problems

Regular Visitor

Finally, after two weeks, everything works with my account.

I had to contact the office of Tom Karinshak, Executive Vice President, Customer Service.

I want to share the contact information

(888) 966-7794

https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form

Official Employee

We really appreciate your patience and you bearing with us as we worked through the issue. We are glad you posted an update and we are happy to know that the issue has been fixed. Thanks again, take care!