Community Forum

News and Weather has disappeared from the screen saver

Highlighted
Contributor

News and Weather has disappeared from the screen saver

Is this gone for everyone?  Any idea if it is coming back?  I currently just have the time and temp in the corner, but no news bites and forcasts 

Tags (2)
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: News and Weather has disappeared from the screen saver

Correct the screensavers have been updated and reset, that’s the new look.
Xfinity button to gear symbol to Device Settings to Screensaver to Newsfeed and you can choose which features are on or off

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Wow another example of Comcast taking away useful and enjoyable parts of the X1 system. Actor bios, remote recording, buffer recording and probably a few I’ve forgotten already. I suspect a price increase will be coming soon.
New Poster

Screensaver Messed up

I recently replaced my X1 DVR and now the new DVR when the screensaver comes on only displays the current time and temperature. Whereas it used to show current news or traffic advisories and such it does nothing anymore except time and temperature no matter whether I have it on entertainment animals or landscapes how do I fix this?
20181023_115017.jpg
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Screensaver Messed up

Xfinity button to gear symbol to Device Settings to Screensaver to Newsfeed and you can choose which features are on or off

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Will you guys update to bring back the weather and news updates on the screensaver
New Poster

This is very anoying. I loved the weather date and time as well as the current events that were on the screensaver. I am not happy with the change!!

New Poster

My screen saver still will not go to my personal photos and always reverts to landscape. Provided by Comcast. It won’t even process through the selection process to get my personal photos. I’ve posted this before and did all of the suggest pad fixes to not avail. 

Regular Visitor

Screensaver

I am in Spotsylvania, VA, and noticed that the little news and weather pop-up have disappeared and just the time and temperature now show on the screensaver.  Is this permanent or just a temporary problem?

Regular Visitor

Re: Screensaver

I got it to come back!  It is in settings under screensaver, just had to turn them on!  HOORAY!

Official Employee

We are aware of the personal screensaver issue and our developers are working on a fix. We hope to have this updated and released to customers as soon as possible.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

look slike the news & stuff is back!