Community Forum

New to Xfinity and X1.

Frequent Visitor

New to Xfinity and X1.

Hello, I am new to Xfinity and just had an X1 box installed last Saturday, I've noticed skipping on various channels but not all. TBS HD is skipping the most.  I've checked the cables they are tight, i've refreshed the box several times and reset it last night.  The issue is still there, but oddly enough the other 2 televisions that have small cable boxes have no issues. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: New to Xfinity and X1.

The smaller boxes don’t need as clean of a signal as the box you’re referring to. Was this a self install or tech install?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hi It was a tech install.

Diamond Problem Solver

You’ll probably need a tech back out to check those channel’s frequencies. If you need assistance with getting one out let us know

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, also have one more issue, one of the 2nf floor  xfinity app for netflix is not working.  Tried to reset netflix but is didnt work.  Looks like I'll be keeping a tech busy. 

Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Fred

Official Employee

fmdiphillipo, welcome to the fold! Glad to have you as a customer! 

Hope you're enjoying X1! Let's check out what's going on with that channel. We'll also take a look into Netflix on the 2nd floor box too! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi fmdiphillipo, thank you for working with us through private message and glad we could schedule a technician visit for you.  Please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!