Community Forum

New (smaller) Font on X1 Time location bar

Valued Contributor

New (smaller) Font on X1 Time location bar

A new "update" has changed the font on the timebar to a much smaller font.

The "OK" now shows the network logo and it's three time larger than the timebar reading 23:12 is now teeny tiny.

This started on Thanksgiving Day.  gobble gobble, why?

Most Valued Poster

Re: New (smaller) Font on X1 Time location bar

@LeeSoFL wrote:

The "OK" now shows the network logo and it's three time larger than the timebar reading 23:12 is now teeny tiny.

So glad someone reported this.  Allow me to add to this post. Took a two week vacation and when we got home 11/20 all was well and then on Turkey Day we thought we needed new glasses. When pressing the 'xfinity button'  ...the words  guide, for you, recordings, scheduled,etc are all much smaller than before The progress bar itself is smaller and so are the fast forward, pause, reverse indicators (pause indicator is taller but smaller). I checked the last update and it was long early November so what has  happened ??

Silver Problem Solver

Can someone post a picture of what they are seeing?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

What computer system, or device, is being used that shows such small type?

I see no such changes in Edge, W10. There is a new Community Forum upgrade we are testing, but it has not been implimented yet. We have not seen problem like this there either.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Mntundraret, since the post was in the X1 area, they are referring to the X1 platform.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

As Robert asked can you provide a screenshot? I don’t see it

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

The time is 2:43, that is the new font size for the time status bar on X1 DVR.Shrunken Time Reading.jpg

Valued Contributor

full frame

Full frame Tiny Time.jpg

Regular Contributor

@LeeSoFL wrote:

@LeeSoFL wrote:

First, your post is excellent. Second, I have the same update and I hate it. Terrible. Put it back Comcast!

Regular Visitor

Has anyone also noticed that the update has also changed video and audio quality.

The picture appears softer and audio levels are lower and muddier sounding and bass lacking punch.

After recalibrating my home theater I realized that the source X1 has degraded in quality.

Also the earlier audio dropout problem has returned in the “expert mode” when  skipping through commercials.

Expert

@familyman2004 wrote:

Has anyone also noticed that the update has also changed video and audio quality.

The picture appears softer and audio levels are lower and muddier sounding and bass lacking punch.

After recalibrating my home theater I realized that the source X1 has degraded in quality.

Also the earlier audio dropout problem has returned in the “expert mode” when  skipping through commercials.

Which X1-box and DVR are you talking about? Have you tried resetting the boxes?

The Community Forum update I first mentioned was just coincidental and would have nothing to do with this problem. An update to some of these boxes may have caused this particular problem.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

Both boxes are xg1v4 from Sept 2017.  The local rep saw what I spoke of,  checked with others, but did not see any info on this change.

Rebooting or refreshing the boxes does nothing.  

If you're still seeing the larger font on the time display, I'm sure it will change to the new improved small font soon.

Regular Contributor

@LeeSoFL wrote:

Both boxes are xg1v4 from Sept 2017.  The local rep saw what I spoke of,  checked with others, but did not see any info on this change.

If you're still seeing the larger font on the time display, I'm sure it will change to the new improved small font soon.

This is not a issue. They intentionally redesigned the headers on the Saved menu and the text on the info bar. I do not like the change at all, but they are slowly rolling it out nationwide.  

Expert

@Tek wrote:

@LeeSoFL wrote:

This is not a issue. They intentionally redesigned the headers on the Saved menu and the text on the info bar. I do not like the change at all, but they are slowly rolling it out nationwide.  

under settings (gear) >> preferences >> general do you have Enhanced Text Readability set to 'on'?

Regular Contributor

No. This is the new guide. It is coming to a X1 Box near you.
Expert

@Tek wrote:

what xre/firmware are you seeing that on?

Silver Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

@Tek wrote:

what xre/firmware are you seeing that on?

12-1-2018.jpg

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

Release 92.1.0

XRE 2.8.0

11/9/18

Regular Contributor

Release 92.1.0

11/9/2018 16:21

Native 3.2.0

STB AX013N 3.2p6s1 PROD Sey

My environment  is different than yours. 

Expert

@Tek wrote:

Release 92.1.0

11/9/2018 16:21

Native 3.2.0

STB AX013N 3.2p6s1 PROD Sey

My environment  is different than yours. 

you have a one day newer xre (menu) but your firmware is significantly older (mine is 3.2p10s1 might call 800-Comcast select TV and tech suppport can force newer version down to you. if successful please reply back on the font changes.. did the newer firmware fix the problem?

Regular Contributor

The font is not a problem. They redesigned parts of the interface. All boxes in my house have it and my family members in the same town on Comcast.

New Poster

I don't like the smaller size either, need a fix comcast!
Most Valued Poster

@Sinbrandy wrote:
I don't like the smaller size either, need a fix comcast!

Apparently they felt that the smaller font was an improvement  when they supposedly redesigned the UI. I still have not seen what I consider to be an explanation or description from Comcast of what they did to improve the UI.

New Poster

The smaller fonts are just harder to read