Community Forum

New model of remote - I hate it!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

New model of remote - I hate it!

I hate this new model.  Anyone else feel this way?  I like the older one with the silver square in the middle.  When I ask for the older model, they say they don't have them anymore.  Hard to believe.

Expert

Re: New model of remote - I hate it!

@5696mimi wrote:

I hate this new model.  Anyone else feel this way?  I like the older one with the silver square in the middle.  When I ask for the older model, they say they don't have them anymore.  Hard to believe.

I too originally liked the xr11 but after using the xr15 for a month (and changing the page up/down function to 30/15 seconds) like it far better. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@5696mimi wrote:

I use the XR11 with my DVR, UHDDVR, and XG2 companion.  They are free at my Xfinity Store.618umsYxkhL._SX425_.jpg

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I agree - it a poor design and not easy to use at all. Not every that uses the remote is under 20 years old.  The older remote worked well and it was easy to see the buttons. 

Silver Problem Solver

@Gww1 wrote:

I agree - it a poor design and not easy to use at all. Not every that uses the remote is under 20 years old.  The older remote worked well and it was easy to see the buttons. 

I have both; your nearest Xfinity Store will give you a free XR11; I prefer it.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I absolutely hate hate hate the new remote. <Edited>. Does anyone know how I can get a working remote. I can’t watch tv in my den due to awful remote.

Silver Problem Solver

@lynndi12 wrote:

I absolutely hate hate hate the new remote. <Edited>. Does anyone know how I can get a working remote. I can’t watch tv in my den due to awful remote.

The XR11 is free at your nearest Xfinity Store.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote?view=app

Official Employee

lynndi12, I personally prefer the Xr11 too. Let's get you one. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Ken, you offered someone a new remote and to contact you.  I (5696mimi), posted the original post saying that I hate the new remote.  Why didn't you offer ME a new one?

Official Employee

5696mimi, I hadn't seen a recent post on your thread which is why I didn't offer you one. Apologies! Didn't know you were still in need of a new remote. I believe I am only able to send X1 remotes but I can double check. I got your private message and will follow up there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.