Community Forum

New icon/indicator on many X1 screens?

Regular Contributor

New icon/indicator on many X1 screens?

Started seeing a new indicator on many of my X1 screens(XG1v3) but unsure of what it is indicating.   Initially thought it was low battery in remote but that was not it.  Also thought it might be indicating a low signal level but checking the levels on the X1 box appear okay as well.

DVR content percentage?

See below indicated by the yellow arrow.

X1.jpg

Silver Problem Solver

Re: New icon/indicator on many X1 screens?

That might be the remote power level.

Image result for x1 remote power level

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately not the battery indicator.   Looks like it IS a bad signal indicator.  I was looking at the wrong page on the X1 Diagnostic screen.   I do have some low signals at my X1 box although things appear to be fairly normal.

I do have some signal level issues at my modem(which are not causing an issue there) as well which I am trying to run down.

New Poster

I'm sure no one at engineering Comcast Equipment is bothered that everyone naturally assumes it's a remote batt indicator OR that it's not, OR that it's 

Not easily answerable OR

Not worth their customer's time (neither investigating or resolving).

Way to go Comcast Tech/Hardware! Absolutey no one there considered '...I wonder how I would react if Apple/Samsung installed a new (R E D) Notification system, on the main interface of my phone/device without notiying me...?'

What's worse, I literally just 'Extended' my home wireless network by adding another wi-fi  router (AP) in the house (when this Red bar appeared on-screen); Signal integrity is slightly better, but I guess still too low for XFINITY X1's metrics? (strange since I also relayed a CAT 6 ethernet cable to the device for that very reason, or rather, fto the Fire TV Stick 4K)

Silver Problem Solver

@aderok wrote:

I'm sure no one at engineering Comcast Equipment is bothered that everyone naturally assumes it's a remote batt indicator OR that it's not, OR that it's 

Not easily answerable OR

Not worth their customer's time (neither investigating or resolving).

Way to go Comcast Tech/Hardware! Absolutey no one there considered '...I wonder how I would react if Apple/Samsung installed a new (R E D) Notification system, on the main interface of my phone/device without notiying me...?'

What's worse, I literally just 'Extended' my home wireless network by adding another wi-fi  router (AP) in the house (when this Red bar appeared on-screen); Signal integrity is slightly better, but I guess still too low for XFINITY X1's metrics? (strange since I also relayed a CAT 6 ethernet cable to the device for that very reason, or rather, fto the Fire TV Stick 4K)

FYI wifi:  I have the XB6 and I replaced its wifi with the Orbi;  no issues with my wifi now.

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/33132-wi-fi-system-retest-netgear-ac3000-o...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!