Community Forum

New Modem changed video display

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

New Modem changed video display

Comcast sent us a new modem, said it had to be changed.  Since the one we had was less than a year old, not sure why, but it changed our video display on CBUT, channel 99 in Seattle; now the picture box in the middle is squished to about half the size of the screen.  Tried all video displays available through Settings to no avail.  This is such a bummer because the last time we changed to X1 boxes in 2017, it also changed the Tennis Channel to an elongated picture.  Why are most channels working the same but a few get skewed?

Expert

Re: New Modem changed video display

Have you tried using the television's remote to resize the picture?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is there something I don't know about the remote that it can resize a picture on a particular channel?  I already tried the different video displays through settings.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

@tootired2talk wrote:

Is there something I don't know about the remote that it can resize a picture on a particular channel?  I already tried the different video displays through settings.  Thanks.

I use the xfinity menu, device settings, video display, and 'full' for zoom. won't zoom unless in SD

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I will have to play with it some more.  I have an SD tv but putting it in SD makes all the print really big, although I know I can change that also.  So I will try these changes and then zoom.  If it doesn't work, I'll just let it be until I can get an HDtv down the road.  Thanks for your help.