Community Forum

New 4k DVR show no time

Highlighted
New Poster

New 4k DVR show no time

Hello,

I am very dissapointed that the "new" 4K DVR box shows no time display or weither or not a program is recording????????? Huge FLAW!   Why would this be omited from this device!!!!!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: New 4k DVR show no time

@ttgrau wrote:

Hello,

I am very dissapointed that the "new" 4K DVR box shows no time display or weither or not a program is recording????????? Huge FLAW!   Why would this be omited from this device!!!!!

energy savings and 'old technology'. like others, I have 2 digital clocks already in the room, and one on PC.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I can’t imagine putting a clock and recording status light would use that much energy.
Highlighted
Expert

@ttgrau wrote:
I can’t imagine putting a clock and recording status light would use that much energy.

press left or guide button to see time at any time

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Nope. Doesn’t work within apps (Netflix for example). And I don’t want to find the remote and press a button just to see the time. Also, there’s still the lack of a recording led. This is poor design.
Highlighted
Expert

@Teak2 wrote:
Nope. Doesn’t work within apps (Netflix for example). And I don’t want to find the remote and press a button just to see the time. Also, there’s still the lack of a recording led. This is poor design.

many installs use the aim anywhere remote feature and hide the set top box behind the TV or in a cabinet.  You can use the voice remote "recordings" to see if any recordings are in progress. 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Call customer service and request a XG1v3. Non4k DVR. 

Tek