Community Forum

Netflix

New Poster

Netflix

We just upgraded to the new cable box and we are annoyed that Netflix is no longer accessible. Why was it removed? And why were customers not informed about this?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Netflix

I have had X1 service for over 1.5 years now and I don't recall it ever having access to Netflix.

Netflix competes directly with other services Comcast already offers. I highly doubt you will see Netflix on X1 any time soon.

Surely you must have other ways to access Netflix in your house such as a Blu-ray player...

dp262 wrote:

We just upgraded to the new cable box and we are annoyed that Netflix is no longer accessible. Why was it removed? And why were customers not informed about this?

Expert

dp262 wrote:

You might have a netflix app on your TV and/or your Blue-ray dvd Player. You might have thought you were watching it on via the cable set top box.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

well they still advertise they have it... so they are commiting fraud if they do not

Gold Problem Solver

Please provide a link or your evidence to where Comcast and X1 TV service in particular is offering access to Netflix...

maryejenson wrote:

well they still advertise they have it... so they are commiting fraud if they do not

Gold Problem Solver

maryejenson wrote:

Comcast may be alluding to the fact that with Comcast Internet Service, anyone can access their Netflix account.... how you view Netflix is up to the customer ( tablet, smartphone, Blu Ray player, computer, laptop, etc ) 

New Poster

We just had X1 installed this week, and are having no problem connecting to Netflix as long as you have a smart TV, DVD, or game system to connect with. As long as your device can access the interenet and you have a Netflix account, you should be good to go.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

RickGr4 wrote:

Please provide a link or your evidence to where Comcast and X1 TV service in particular is offering access to Netflix...

maryejenson wrote:

I have also not seen or heard Comcast advertise that they provide Netflix, please cite your sources.

Silver Problem Solver

maryejenson wrote:

maryejenson wrote:

Netflix can be accessed if you have Comcast's Internet service.

Were is the fraud?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

I have netflex but still have to pay rental and purchase on movies is that right?

Official Employee

If it’s not available on Netflix or within your package, yes.