Community Forum

Netflix question.

Regular Visitor

Netflix question.

I just got Super Triple Play service and it comes with netflix. I can access it through the DVR just fine, but the rest of my family want to know how to access it for their other devices. Specifically my son has his PC hooked up to his TV and uses that to stream all the tv channels to it instead of a box, but he wants to use the new Netflix service too and it doesn't show up on the Xfinity site with the rest of the channels. He's tried loggin into Netlfix with our Comcast info, but that doesn't work. How can he get the included Netflix we have on his PC like the rest of the channels?

Thanks for any info.

Problem Solver

Re: Netflix question.

I had a similar issue with my MLB.TV subscription.  If the subscription is thru Comcast/Xfinity, it may only be available thru the TV Box.  Appears to be tied to the TV service subscription only and not the Internet service.  I may be wrong and, if so, someone chime in.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Administrator

@dochide wrote:

I just got Super Triple Play service and it comes with netflix. I can access it through the DVR just fine, but the rest of my family want to know how to access it for their other devices. Specifically my son has his PC hooked up to his TV and uses that to stream all the tv channels to it instead of a box, but he wants to use the new Netflix service too and it doesn't show up on the Xfinity site with the rest of the channels. He's tried loggin into Netlfix with our Comcast info, but that doesn't work. How can he get the included Netflix we have on his PC like the rest of the channels?

Thanks for any info.

@dochide,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. 

If the package you have with Xfinity includes Netflix you can follow the prompts in the X1 Netflix app to either link your existing Netflix account to your Xfinity package or create a new Netflix account to be linked to your Xfinity package. Once it is registered with Netflix and the X1 box you can then use those Netflix credentials (could be different than your Xfinity login credentials) to authenticate Netflix on other devices (if your Netflix account includes that feature). Remember not all Netflix packages allow for you to watch on more than one screen at a time (see image below from Netflix site)

Netflix.PNG

To find the Netflix app on X1 you can either say "Netflix" into the X1 Voice Remote or you can go directly to the Netflix app by clicking on the Netflix tile found in the X1 apps menu.

1. Press the xfinity button on your remote.
  2. Scroll to and press Apps.
  3. Highlight the Netflix tile and press OK.

If you need any additional information or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

@jav6joev wrote:

I had a similar issue with my MLB.TV subscription.  If the subscription is thru Comcast/Xfinity, it may only be available thru the TV Box.  Appears to be tied to the TV service subscription only and not the Internet service.  I may be wrong and, if so, someone chime in.

@jav6joev,

Your MLB.TV issue is different than the Netflix issue above. When you purchase MLB Extra Innings you will receive MLB.TV Out-of-Market package included. 

Access your MLB.TV account online at MLB.TV or on your mobile or connected TV device using the MLB At Bat app. For a full list of supported devices, visit MLB.TV’s device listing.

If you have an MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription, follow these steps to activate your MLB.TV account:

1. Go to https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/.
  2. Select Xfinity as your provider.
  3. Sign in using your Xfinity username and password.
  4. Create a new MLB.com account or sign in with your existing account to link your Xfinity username and password with MLB.TV.

Start enjoying MLB EXTRA INNINGS and MLB.TV!

You only need to activate your subscription once during the season. However, you may need to sign in with your MLB.com account on each new device.

Remember, once you sign in with your Xfinity credentials you will still need to log in or create a new MLB.com account to access that content. 

If you are still experiencing issues please let us know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I never entered any account information, Netflix just worked on the dvr from the start. All it shows is my username of dochide. Which is also my main email account. But the password for that account doesn't work on the Netflix site. I tried all my account id/passwords and the  wifi password that the install tech setup and none worked. So how do I get the user information that the DVR is using?

Administrator

@dochide wrote:

I never entered any account information, Netflix just worked on the dvr from the start. All it shows is my username of dochide. Which is also my main email account. But the password for that account doesn't work on the Netflix site. I tried all my account id/passwords and the  wifi password that the install tech setup and none worked. So how do I get the user information that the DVR is using?

@dochide,

If you have forgotten your password, simply go to Netflix.com/loginhelp or go to the Netflix app on your Xfinity X1 TV Box and click Forgot Your Password. An email will be sent to the email address you have on file with Netflix.

If you have forgotten the email address associated with your Netflix account, you can access and update your email address from your Xfinity X1 TV Box.

1. From the home screen on the Netflix app on your TV, press the up arrow on your remote until you get to the menu bar, then select Settings. Your email address will appear.
  2. To update your email address, select Change email.
  3. If prompted, enter your account password, then select Next.
  4. Enter a new email address, then select Next.
  5. Select Back to Settings.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Additionally, while we can certainly understand your desire to receive assistance with your Netflix account, we ask that you only post your questions or concerns in our public forum. This will ensure that you get the quickest response possible. By the nature of forums, the Xfinity Forum is never been designed to assist in "real-time". If you are in need of immediate assistance we ask that you reach out to us via one of the methods shared here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account/ANSWERED-How-to-contact-Comcast/ta-p/3053370

Additionally, sending unsolicited private messages to myself, another Official Employee, or any other forum user does violate our Xfinity Forum Guidelines (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/td-p/3115028) and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379). We ask that you review those documents thoroughly as continued violations could result in a revocation of your Xfinity Forum posting privileges. Thanks for your time and understanding. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!