Community Forum

Netflix - link a different account

Highlighted
New Poster

Netflix - link a different account

When I open up the Netflix app, it takes me to a get started page. When I try to link a different account, it asks me to sign out and loops me back to the get started page. The app does not show another log in page. I've tried multiple times to sign out but it is to no use ... I just end up on the get started page once again.

Have tried talking to xfinity customer service and they are no help.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Expert

Re: Netflix - link a different account

press the A button and scroll to the right until you find menu for reset Netflix.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Doesn't work. I have the same issue.

Expert

@JW122 wrote:

Doesn't work. I have the same issue.

when you click on the netflix app, what happens? error messages? error message numbers? using the voice remote say 'about', what is the rest of the line to right of 'set top version'?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

It puts me in an infinite loop. I'm given the option to link a different account; I click that and it asks me if I'm sure I want to log out and I click yes. Then it starts the sequence all over. I'm unable to sign out of the existing account (in this case, my son's friend's account).
Contributor

Called a CSR who was unable to fix the issue and recommended getting a new DVR box. Did that, still same issue.
Silver Problem Solver

@JW122 wrote:
Called a CSR who was unable to fix the issue and recommended getting a new DVR box. Did that, still same issue.

Did you try google?  Here is one hit:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-netflix-info-through-comcast

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Thanks, but that's not the issue.
Expert

@JW122 wrote:
Thanks, but that's not the issue.

hit the A button on your remote. on troubleshooting menu move right to 'reset netflix' and that will remove any current username/password. then select the netflix app again.

Contributor

As I mentioned above, that Reset Netflix option did NOT sign me out of the existing account.
Silver Problem Solver

@JW122 wrote:
As I mentioned above, that Reset Netflix option did NOT sign me out of the existing account.

Did you try the signout?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/sign-out-netflix-x1-app

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

I can't get to that page. When I click on netflix, it takes me directly to the get started page.
Silver Problem Solver

@JW122 wrote:
I can't get to that page. When I click on netflix, it takes me directly to the get started page.

This happens when you are accessing the X1 STB Settings?

Contributor

Yes. I'm placed into an endless loop that does not allow me to sign out of the existing account (a guest account on a friend's Netflix account). It gives me the option to sign out, but it never actually does it.

I can't do anything through Netflix, because I have to set up the account through X1 to ensure I'm not double-billed. 

Expert

I just saw on the news last week that Netflx is trying to stop people who took an advantage of a coding error that allowed people to somehow log on and share an account that only one person was paying for.  It originally was meant for someone in a home to share with family in the home.

Not for people to give out information to allow others (inadvertently or on purpose) to use their paid subscription to watch shows without paying for the service.

New Poster

I saw on netflix that it is allowed.