Community Forum

Netflix freezes, then X1 reboots

Frequent Visitor

Netflix freezes, then X1 reboots

Netflix has been sketchy the past few days. Even on a half-hour show, it loses the show and has to reload the show 5 or 6 times. And every so often the entire Netflix app freezes. First the video freezes but the audio continues. Then the audio freezes, the screen goes blank, and within a minute the entire X1 box reboots (with the "Welcome/Powering up" screen).

The show needing to restart has happened dozens of times in the past two days. The X1 box completely rebooting has happened 3-4 times.

Any clue what is happening, and what we can do to fix it?

Expert

Re: Netflix freezes, then X1 reboots

austruck1 wrote:

Netflix has been sketchy the past few days. Even on a half-hour show, it loses the show and has to reload the show 5 or 6 times. And every so often the entire Netflix app freezes. First the video freezes but the audio continues. Then the audio freezes, the screen goes blank, and within a minute the entire X1 box reboots (with the "Welcome/Powering up" screen).

The show needing to restart has happened dozens of times in the past two days. The X1 box completely rebooting has happened 3-4 times.

Any clue what is happening, and what we can do to fix it?

you might call 877-896-8678 and ask the tech support to check your set top box signal levels.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?
Frequent Visitor

As mysteriously as it started, it stopped. Things are currently going fine with the Netflix app.

The ONLY thing that happened in the interim is that I searched for an answer to why our set-top box was rebooting every night (because it would simply shut off the box and not restart, meaning anything we tried to record overnight didn't record).

That answer involved changing a setting on our Vizio TV. I changed that setting and the set-top box has stayed on, as we want it to. That's about when the Netflix issue stopped happening.

I haven't a clue if those two things are related, but perhaps they are since they both involved the set-top box mysteriously rebooting.

Frequent Visitor

What "setting" on your TV did you change?

I just added a second X! box and have Netflix freezing on just that new box.

The original, larger one works fine.