Community Forum

Netflix app lag

Frequent Visitor

Netflix app lag

On my main STB the netflix has some lag. I switched on moca and it seemed to help a little. Just so im clear, does the STB use wifi to stream netflix when moca is disabled? And will it use moca if enabled? My wifi speed and connection also drops out intermittently and speeds go from 200 plus mbps down to 30. That is a different topic though. Could this diagnostic explain the lag? Does anybody know what can cause this or how to fix? Pic wouldn't load but the moca diagnostic is all green except from the network controller to main STB its 128 but is green everywhere else on the network
Official Employee

Re: Netflix app lag

Moca is how the boxes communicate, the apps don’t use moca, they are cloud based. How do you think you’re turning moca on and off. Possibly explain what equipment you have

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

OK I found the email settings so I sorted that out. Seems when I go to troubleshooting and reset wifi module the speeds jump back up to normal. Is this a bad gateway then? And can I begin to work on the netflix lagging? Thx btw
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply comcastAndrew. I've read about problems with the X1 netflix app so Im not concerned atm. I would like to know if restarting the wifi module is helping my download speeds return to normal, does that indicate a faulty gateway?
Silver Problem Solver

deleted

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!