Community Forum

Netflix Issue

Frequent Visitor

Re: Netflix Issue

Tried the Netflix solution in the past and it too did not fix the issue.

Expert

@Giants_Fan wrote:

Tried the Netflix solution in the past and it too did not fix the issue.

hi, are you having a problem playing Netflix on your X1 set top box?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the same issue on our bedroom TV using the X1 platform . I tried resetting the router but it didn't help . It works fine on my Smart TV in the front room and on my tablets 😕

I don't really know where to go from here and would appreciate anyone else's advice.
Silver Problem Solver

@Phlnkrs wrote:
I have the same issue on our bedroom TV using the X1 platform . I tried resetting the router but it didn't help . It works fine on my Smart TV in the front room and on my tablets 😕

I don't really know where to go from here and would appreciate anyone else's advice.

Which X1 box do you have?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I think I have the same issue anytime I want to watch something on Netflix. When I open the app (I’ve reset and restarted Netflix using ‘A’ button) I can see the menu but not watch the video. And when I exit the Netflix app, the Netflix welcome logo remains frozen on the screen in X1 until I reboot my entire box. This is not worth all the money I pay monthly.
And I also had the server issues over the summer and received a new set top box in early August.
Silver Problem Solver

@Gdaniels33 wrote:
I think I have the same issue anytime I want to watch something on Netflix. When I open the app (I’ve reset and restarted Netflix using ‘A’ button) I can see the menu but not watch the video. And when I exit the Netflix app, the Netflix welcome logo remains frozen on the screen in X1 until I reboot my entire box. This is not worth all the money I pay monthly.
And I also had the server issues over the summer and received a new set top box in early August.

Which X1 box are you using?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

I have been getting the same We're having trouble playing this title right now starting this week.  Reseting Netflix does not work.

Expert

@67ccacct wrote:

I have been getting the same We're having trouble playing this title right now starting this week.  Reseting Netflix does not work.

what title are you trying to play? 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I've been having this issue randomly for a month. Seems like a Comcast problem that has been going on for over a year. I sometimes watch one episode of a season and when it's over switch to the next episode and it says title not available. When I do a "reset Netflix" it reboots my X1 box which takes about 10 minutes and then I have to sign back in to Netflix. Not a good entertainment experience.  Occasionally in the middle of a Netflix show the X1 box reboots by itself.

I've talked on chat and spent 40 minutes with someone in the Philippenes. Those folks don't have a clue about how to fix this problem.

Comcast has known about this issue for over a year and hasn't fixed it yet--pretty lousy technical trouble shooting!

My guess is there is an issue with Comcast's connection to Netfilx' server or maybe Netflix limits the number of Comcast connections???

Frequent Visitor

Some more info on this problem.

I forgot to mention that I am also having issues with Pandora when after about 30 minutes of playing Pandora starts playing one song after another for about 3 seconds and does not respond to any remote commands. Only solution is to shutdown X1 box.

Anyway I got a higher lever tech support person (again in the Philippenes) sho said that both Netflix and Pandora issues were known and it's due to a nationwide network issue that's being worked on. The initial date is Feb 26, 2019 and the Xfinity Incident Number is SI033124427. She described it as an issue affecting TV channels, Netflix, and other apps including Pandora. I'm a little suspicious that this is the same issue since I don't think the Netflix issue would cause changing TV channels to go to black screen as she described the issue.

I'm going to keep trying to escalate this issue until it gets resolved.