Community Forum

NHL Center Ice HD Beta Trial (X1) - 2018/2019 Season

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice HD Beta Trial (X1) - 2018/2019 Season

I switched from directv this year and I am soooo utterly disappointed/disgusted with the level of service of your NHL package. Dtv ‘s offering 6-8 years ago is better than what yours is today. This lack of full HD functionality in 2018 for an otherwise technologically progressive company is an embarrassment. How can you charge full price for an ongoing Beta of inferior functionality? How many more years will you hide behind this “beta” designation while being unable/unwilling to provide a simple level of programming that your competition has been able to provide for years?
Regular Contributor

@bobz2 wrote:
I switched from directv this year and I am soooo utterly disappointed/disgusted with the level of service of your NHL package. Dtv ‘s offering 6-8 years ago is better than what yours is today. This lack of full HD functionality in 2018 for an otherwise technologically progressive company is an embarrassment. How can you charge full price for an ongoing Beta of inferior functionality? How many more years will you hide behind this “beta” designation while being unable/unwilling to provide a simple level of programming that your competition has been able to provide for years?

welcome to the forum and making your VERY FIRST POST

the 'price' for the NHL package doesn't include the Beta, the beta appears to be a freebie extra. (and a welcome one at that) - the ONLY thing you cannot do on the Beta is record for later viewing. Or is there some other feature that it doesnt do that Directv does?

It just might be that directv is a better option for you.

Welcome to the forum

Official Employee

@bobz2 wrote:

On our X1 platform, all of the NHL Center Ice games are delivered in HD via the NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) - details below on how you can view those HD games.

The NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) channel is the first NHL Center Ice listing in the X1 guide above the current NHL Center Ice SD channels. 

Selecting NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) from the X1 guide launches the NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) Collection page with 30 NHL team logos organized by conference.

The NHL Center Ice HD live game will play once verification of NHL Center Ice subscription and blackouts are complete and successful.

The game announcers will be based on the team selected. Example: The Philadelphia Flyers are playing the Boston Bruins. If you select the Philadelphia Flyers logo tile, the game will be shown with Flyers announcers. If the customer selects the Boston Bruins logo tile, the game will be shown with Bruins announcers.

X1 customers can search for 'NHL Center Ice HD' and will be presented with the NHL Center Ice Collection page, which displays 30 NHL team logos organized by conference.

X1 customers can also continue to search for a specific team where the team’s live HD game will be available by selecting the NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) tile on the Team page.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I *can* understand what I can do with the "beta" service offering.  My point is that it is ridicuous that this is still "beta" and with the "beta limitations" of not being able to record (stop/restart) a HD showing.  Anyone with children/work-at-night/a-life cannot be sitting in front of a screen at a particular time to watch a showing.  What is it... 1995?  

You are charging at comparable price for the service as others (such as NHL.COM and Directv) and they offer a complete package.  Never in my wildest imagination did I think I'd have to take such a huge step back in the NHL service in moving with DTV to Comcast.  If I did, I never would have made the switch.  

Regular Contributor

@bobz2 wrote:

I *can* understand what I can do with the "beta" service offering.  My point is that it is ridicuous that this is still "beta" and with the "beta limitations" of not being able to record (stop/restart) a HD showing.  Anyone with children/work-at-night/a-life cannot be sitting in front of a screen at a particular time to watch a showing.  What is it... 1995?  

You are charging at comparable price for the service as others (such as NHL.COM and Directv) and they offer a complete package.  Never in my wildest imagination did I think I'd have to take such a huge step back in the NHL service in moving with DTV to Comcast.  If I did, I never would have made the switch.  

Just curious, what was it then that caused you to ditch DirecTv and switch to Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

My post was removed because I mention a competator, so I guess Direct TV is OK?

By the way, if you stayed with Direct TV,you would have gotten NHL channel with center ice and streaming NHL TV with it.

Well I got tired of hide and seek, with Center Ice Beta, got NHL TV and watch any game I want after 48 hour black out of home games.

Regular Contributor

@TJR3 wrote:

My post was removed because I mention a competator, so I guess Direct TV is OK?

By the way, if you stayed with Direct TV,you would have gotten NHL channel with center ice and streaming NHL TV with it.

Well I got tired of hide and seek, with Center Ice Beta, got NHL TV and watch any game I want after 48 hour black out of home games.

That sounds awesome!!!

Hope that it works out for you and makes you happy.....

Regular Contributor

I am experiencing an issue with the center ice beta that I wanted to bring to the attention of the moderators.

I live in the Detroit area, zip 48185. and My wife watches all the Pittsburgh Penguins games via the Beta feature.

There is a pregame show that starts 30 minutes before the game, and in the last 5 games, each and every time, there has been an occurrence where the program will go into an endless loop.

Out of nowhere the channel will back itself up 15 seconds, play forward, reach the same spot and repeat endlessly.

The solution is to change the channel and then go back to Penguins beta, but this should not be happening.

In addition, this will occasionally occur during intermission segments. As far as I know, this hasn't happened during any live game action yet.

Is there anything you can do to assist/clarify what is going on?

Frequent Visitor

Hey, I saw your post. I'm going to forward this to some people at Philly corporate. Not positive, but I don't think it's related to where you live. Hopefully, more to follow

Official Employee

@billmich88888 wrote:

I am experiencing an issue with the center ice beta that I wanted to bring to the attention of the moderators.

I live in the Detroit area, zip 48185. and My wife watches all the Pittsburgh Penguins games via the Beta feature.

There is a pregame show that starts 30 minutes before the game, and in the last 5 games, each and every time, there has been an occurrence where the program will go into an endless loop.

Out of nowhere the channel will back itself up 15 seconds, play forward, reach the same spot and repeat endlessly.

The solution is to change the channel and then go back to Penguins beta, but this should not be happening.

In addition, this will occasionally occur during intermission segments. As far as I know, this hasn't happened during any live game action yet.

Apologies.  I have asked our Denver sports team and Philadelphia beta team to review this situation. Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@billmich88888 wrote:

Apologies.  I have asked our Denver sports team and Philadelphia beta team to review this situation. Thanks for your patience. 

thank you, let me know if you require any further information

Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@billmich88888 wrote:

any update as to the issue?

Regular Contributor

the symptoms were still there last night

Official Employee

@billmich88888 wrote:

Apologies for the delay in responding, We do have an incident ticket open on this that is being investigated. Thanks for your feedback and for your continued patience.   

Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@billmich88888 wrote:

Apologies for the delay in responding, We do have an incident ticket open on this that is being investigated. Thanks for your feedback and for your continued patience.   

I will follow up every week with updates