My xfinity volume keeps raising and lowering on its own. What is wrong

New Poster

My xfinity volume keeps raising and lowering on its own. What is wrong

Can you help me
Expert

Re: My xfinity volume keeps raising and lowering on its own. What is wrong

@carolrussell wrote:
Can you help me

I've never had that issue.  Which X1 box do you have?  You could try a System Refresh.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh

Valued Contributor

I have had this issue going on for over 3 years, have reported it many times, no solution or fix.  I found that when a comcast commercial comes on is when I noticed the biggest change in volume, which I have also reported into their call center.  Each time I am told that there is not an issue.  Now my mute button gets a work out.  It would be nice if comcast had an option that the customer could select to 'Mute" all commercials, but I know that won't happen.  LOL

Expert

@fedup978 wrote:

I have had this issue going on for over 3 years, have reported it many times, no solution or fix.  I found that when a comcast commercial comes on is when I noticed the biggest change in volume, which I have also reported into their call center.  Each time I am told that there is not an issue.  Now my mute button gets a work out.  It would be nice if comcast had an option that the customer could select to 'Mute" all commercials, but I know that won't happen.  LOL

"Comcast commercial"?  Which are you referring to, a comercial that comes on during a broadcast or some unique commercial from Comcast?

Valued Contributor

Commercials from comcast.  On-site Techs were here when it happened and they checked everything on site with no issues found.  I was told that it was more likely the feed coming into the building from the street/node that I am on.  As I said I just live with it by using the mute button.

Expert

@fedup978 wrote:

Commercials from comcast.  On-site Techs were here when it happened and they checked everything on site with no issues found.  I was told that it was more likely the feed coming into the building from the street/node that I am on.  As I said I just live with it by using the mute button.

no one is 'on' a volume control with mpeg recorded commercials, the volume is set at the production office and volume can't be compressed (increased) above normal limits (federal regulations with FCC). if the commercials are always 'local' and are sold and put on by a 3rd party in local/regional time slots, then Comcast can contact them to get into compliance. 

Valued Contributor

Yep, I am well aware of the FCC regulations and what is suppose to take place.  Just saying there are changes in volume that take place from time to time.  I have learned to live with it and the "mute" button has become my friend for all ads...