Community Forum

My samsung Q9 is not identifying the x1 4k box?

New Poster

My samsung Q9 is not identifying the x1 4k box?

Hi just wondering if anyone else is having issues with this? I plugged in the 4k box into the one connect samsung box and its not identifying. I'm using the cinnamon red best buy hdmi cable. I tried using the one supplied by xfinity but still wont identify it as a source. Also had issues with connection after long inactivity starting the tv I would have to turn cable box on and off to detect the source. I just got another 4k box from xfinity to see if it was the box. Bit tv still wont identify the 4k box as an xfinity box likely other x1 smaller box does.
Expert

Re: My samsung Q9 is not identifying the x1 4k box?

@Y0rascal007 wrote:
Hi just wondering if anyone else is having issues with this? I plugged in the 4k box into the one connect samsung box and its not identifying. I'm using the cinnamon red best buy hdmi cable. I tried using the one supplied by xfinity but still wont identify it as a source. Also had issues with connection after long inactivity starting the tv I would have to turn cable box on and off to detect the source. I just got another 4k box from xfinity to see if it was the box. Bit tv still wont identify the 4k box as an xfinity box likely other x1 smaller box does.

use a good light source and check the port that the HDMI cable is using on the xg1v4. what is the text of the label for that HDMI port?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@Y0rascal007 wrote:

Any chance the TV HDMI port number doesn't match what the X1 box is connected to?  The remote has an input button; cycle it through all the inputs that are available.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi there, Y0rascal007. 

I wanted to reach out and see if you were able to fix the issue regarding the TV.

If not, I would love to help!

Thanks for posting to our forums! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Did you have any other questions before I close out your post? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.