Community Forum

Multiple 4K DVRs in one house

Regular Visitor

Multiple 4K DVRs in one house

I have received conflicting reports from several Comcast employees.

Is it technically possible to have 2 4K DVRs in one household, while using my own modem.  I understand that you need a Comcast modem in order to utilize a second, wireless 4K receiver, but what I would like to know is whether it is technically possible to have 2 4K DVRs.  Thanks.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Multiple 4K DVRs in one house

Yes, you can have as many dvrs as you want to pay for.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

They have been adamant that it isn’t possible. I was told that even the regional technical team has confirmed that only 1 4K DVR can used in a home. My only option for multiple 4K boxes is to use the rented modem and add a wireless box.
Expert

@jmodawg wrote:
They have been adamant that it isn’t possible. I was told that even the regional technical team has confirmed that only 1 4K DVR can used in a home. My only option for multiple 4K boxes is to use the rented modem and add a wireless box.

just take in one of the non 4k devices and turn it in and ask the store agent for a 4k DVR for your TV. if they have a problem ask for a supervisor or ask the store manager for assistance.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

I’ll escalate it to a colleague, we’ll get you what you need

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @jmodawg, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles and miscommunication you have experienced thus far around our 4k DVR's. I would be more than happy to assist you with getting another 4K DVR. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

@ComcastAmira I sent you a PM.  Thanks.

Official Employee

@jmodawg, awesome and I have responded to in our private message. I look forward to your reply, thanks! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@jmodawg, I never heard back from you in our private message or on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me another PM if you still need assistance with getting another 4K DVR. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.