Community Forum

Missing Saved Favorites

Highlighted
Contributor

Missing Saved Favorites

Over the weekend, I could bring up all of the Movies and TV shows that I had favorited with ease by pressing the Xfinity button, selecting "Saved" and then selecting "Favorites."

When I visit the Favorites page, SEVERAL HUNDRED saved favorites are now missing, including some that I saved over this weekend. Yet, some others that I saved over the weekend are there. The page is currently only showing 110 Movies and 39 TV shows as favorited.

I use this page to help me decide what I want to watch next and when. Now, I can't see the selections I made last to even know which movies and television shows I wanted to see, especially before some of them expire.

The not so funny part is that if I bring up something using the Voice menu (for example, I might say "Gentleman Jack" or "Barry"), the Info screen shows that they are favorites even though they no longer appear on the Saved Favorites screen. 

I'm so tired of Comcast's services not working right. It's bad enough that I have to put up with the cut off sides on the screen for now until I feel well enough to deal with that problem further. Could Comcast please stop doing whatever it's doing that keeps messing up things? Please? And maybe, I don't know, fix this new problem?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Missing Saved Favorites

I’m experiencing the same and I noticed that the top left now displays x2-favorites-root. Seems related but no idea what that means. Restarting the cable box didn’t work. 

Highlighted
Contributor

I've restarted the cable box several times and it didn't work.

I have confirmed a second way that at least all of my TV show favorites are still on my account: I checked the account using the Xfinity app on my phone and they show up as Saved Favorites. Still only 39 with the STB.

Frequent Visitor

@crich66 wrote:

I’m experiencing the same and I noticed that the top left now displays x2-favorites-root. Seems related but no idea what that means. Restarting the cable box didn’t work. 

Same here.  Started once the menu changed over to the "x2-favorites."   Some of my favorites disappeared, and some once added do NOT appear.  Those that eventually do aren't added right away so I have to check back to see what did or did not appear at a later time.  Definitely a "glitch" in their upgrade so it would be nice to get an update about when it will be fixed.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Missing Favorites

This started once the menu changed over to the "x2-favorites." Definitely a "glitch" in the upgrade and I've noticed many complaints online from others who are experiencing it as well.  Like everyone else, some of my favorites disappeared, some once added do NOT appear, and a few others appear and disappear occasionally.    Only happening with Cable TV because the favorites are right when I check online. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Missing Favorites

The problem appears to be ongoing without a solution. When you check online, how are you checking the movie favorites? When I use the streaming app, it only displays favorite TV shows. It won't show my saved movies.

Highlighted
New Poster

Hello Comcast, Are you paying attention?

Same here. I’ve also tried restarting- nothing works.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Hello Comcast, Are you paying attention?

Same here!! Please fix Comcast
Highlighted
New Poster

Same here, any updates?
Highlighted
Contributor

No reply to this post and no change.

It's also frustrating that while I can at least see all of my saved/favorited TV shows on the Xfinity Stream website/app, I can't see the movie list. It's all so useless. And the Stream App now also doesn't work to give me horizontal/landscape view. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same problem, with that same x-2 favorites-root message. When I go to my lists, it *says* I have 61 favorite movies and 55 favorite shows. But no more than 36 of either category actually shows. I'm just adding my frustrated voice to the conversation in the hopes that Comcast will respond with a solution. My cable bill is nearing $200/mo., which makes this unacceptable.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Have a technician here right now to find out the issue - he has never seen this before.  I have 151 movies - only 36 showing and 130 TV shows, only 36 showing.  Will let everyone know what they tell me. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It is an experiment they are doing in the north east.  They are not sure why it is affecting Florida but the tech has told me they may need to roll back a firmware update to revert to an early operating system.  The comcast teckie guru's have a ticket and pics to work with.   

That's all I have for now. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for follow up!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastCares

Good luck with that!

I have been a loyal customer of Comcast going on 25 years. 

I had a "tech" (using term loosely), come out on Monday after spending 2 and a half hours on phone with Comcast last Saturday. He said he had never heard of the issue. Called his Supervisor who also never heard of it but insisted my X1dvr was too full. (It wasn't, at the time It showed 52% full with  95 recordings.  I've had it much fuller with no problems viewing all my favorites.  I too had abt 140 saved favorite movies I wanted to watch and about 60 saved tv shows. When I clicked on show all, as I've always done and did just three days b4 his arrival, I could only see 36 of saved movies/tv shows But if I looked on my stream app it showed all my favorites! (The app even allows you to sort your saved favorites, unlike the X1dvr saved favorite viewing feature).

He wanted to swap out my X1box fo a newer box for $70 with no guarantees I would be able to still have all my recordings or see all my favories.

I refused to pay the charge for something that wasn't guaranteed to fix my issue or because of my loyalty as a customer for 25 years.

I called Comcast Corporate Escalations Department to report my complaint with service and Tech visit.

Later that day the Techician's supervisor that was called by the Tech when in my home earlier, called me to say that he "thought" it was a capacity issue and I had too many recordings taking up space. He even asked if I would just delete some recordings show he could prove it was a capacity issue. I refused to accept this as there had not been an issue before.

He wanted to schedule another home visit to prove to me that I either needed to buy more space or have an additional box installed so I agreed to have a test done only by adding another X1dvr box installed.

After we hung up I then checked the latest upgrade done on my X1dvr in preferences. The date was before the favorite issues began NOT after. My favorites were still showing afterwards.

After we hung up, I remembered having issues a couple years back when trying to access my X1Cloud recordings using the stream app from Xfinity. At that time the app was not showing all my saved recordings and I was unable to stream all episodes of a series I wanted to watch while away from home. 

I complained again and got hooked up with Comcast's Engineering  (A.C.E.S.) team in Denver, who took over a week to figure out the issue and explain that although the X1dvr is cloud based, it still only had so much space available to view recordings when away from home using their Stream App.

Now here's the best part. According to them and Comcast's own website Cloud Based F.A.Q... ALL X1Cloud Dvr's have a capacity of 150 hours of "local storage on the boxes" and 60 hours of X1dvr "Cloud storage".

That being said I was also able to find on their website, that saved favorite's are stored on the local levell with no mention of using any "Storage space". So therefore, the Tech and the tech's Supervisor had no idea what they were talking about because you see, when I totalled my recordings, I only had 35 hours of SD recordings and 60 hours of HD recordings totalling approx 111 hours. 

(Well under the advertised 160 hours of local storage mentioned above!)

Upon my discovery, I tried reaching out to the person assigned to work with me to share this information and ask that they get this saved favorite issue escalated to the A.C.E.S. team in Denver, but as of yet have not received a return call.

So hey, @ComcastCares are you listening?

When will you actually care about your loyal customers and stop trying to put bandaids on issues that won't fix problems and trying to extort money from your customers that won't fix the issue??? 

I've found possible real answers on your own website or community forums...

I'm waiting @ComcastCares .

Highlighted
Expert

I did not quote your long post. the cloud DVRs recordings and local DVR(s) recordings are separate and apart from each other. your local X1 set top boxes allow you to set recordings that are done at the same time in the cloud DVR servers and local in-home DVR. The cloud DVR has precisely 60 hours capacity no matter if SD/HD.

the home DVR has a hard drive that is used for recordings and for the operating system for the DVR just like a computer. you have approximately 400 gb of space. SD and non-local HD channels take up the same amount of room for the same program. local HD channels are in mpeg2 and take at least two times as much hard drive room to record (example local channel sports programs). 

the home DVR also has access to the cloud recordings if for some reason the DVR doesn't have the local recording (example: a just-replaced DVR). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I was told that the favorites does not affect the space allowance for recordings. I have 2 dvr boxes, have recorded up to 7 shows at a time during prime tv. My space has been anywhere from a low of 38% recordings space used to over 80% when out of town for a few days. This problem of not getting my total list of favorites for movies and TV shows only started in mid August. I know I have had 70% plus and total access to all my favorite movies to chose from so I am not sure what the expert here is talking about.
I have also been a Comcast customer long before Comcast was Comcast. I am overall happy with the service and I also pay over $200 a month for cable/Internet services.
I will wait to hear about a solution, I think we all know that plenty of companies try to "fix" what is not broken, some upgrades are great, others cause problems. I am one who will wait to see if the recent upgrade can be reset.
Highlighted
Expert

@gdeane wrote:
I was told that the favorites does not affect the space allowance for recordings. I have 2 dvr boxes, have recorded up to 7 shows at a time during prime tv. My space has been anywhere from a low of 38% recordings space used to over 80% when out of town for a few days. This problem of not getting my total list of favorites for movies and TV shows only started in mid August. I know I have had 70% plus and total access to all my favorite movies to chose from so I am not sure what the expert here is talking about.
I have also been a Comcast customer long before Comcast was Comcast. I am overall happy with the service and I also pay over $200 a month for cable/Internet services.
I will wait to hear about a solution, I think we all know that plenty of companies try to "fix" what is not broken, some upgrades are great, others cause problems. I am one who will wait to see if the recent upgrade can be reset.

the list of favorites is kept on comcast's server and is not part of your storage. recordings made per your favorites setting do count. hope I understood your question.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Rustybean 

So a couple things; you never mention what this entire issue is about in your post..."Missing Saved Favorites" no longer showing more than 36 max.

And since your reply is to my "long post", let me say that my list of saved favorites are generally removed once the movie/tv show is either recorded and watched or the tv show was made as a limited series. The only time I may keep a saved favorite is when it's a tv show that is unable to be scheduled to record (i.e. ~ shows on Netflix or Amazon)

Also, I know that a X1Dvr has a hard drive with limited local space as I mentioned before,  however just saying a dvr has approx 400 gb of space doesn't correspond to the approximate hours of local dvr space being used when recording in either SD or HD as you referred to.

If you can translate 400 gb into hours, it might help those of us trying to get to the bottom of why now after years of unlimited saved movies/tv shows being able to "View All" regardless of how full our dvrs are, how many recorded hours we've recorded or how many scheduled recordings we may have, our favorites are being limited to a maximum view of 36 shows?

(Again, unless you're using the Xfinity Stream App which does not limit the viewing of saved movies/tv shows to 36).

Highlighted
Official Employee

Just to confirm, DVR Storage and Favorites are independent of each other.. Favorites are stored in the cloud not locally on the box.  

For those having issues,

1. can you please post a screenshot where it tells you the # of shows you have favorited but only showing a handful and also the screenshot of x2-favorites-root. 
  2. Please post what XRE version you have from the about screen? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I have XRE 2.80, released on 08/29. I have 59 favorites under movies but only 36 show. Not sure how to show screenshots. 08/29 is when the error occurred.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastChad 

I've tried attaching the screenshots you asked for, but this platform says each screenshot I try is too big so it won't load... BTW, during my 2.5 hour call last Saturday the Customer Service person took control of my tv to view what your asking for here and never bothered sharing it with the Tech before he came to my home Monday. Nor was the Tech's Supervisor privy to the screen information when he called later Monday evening!

If you have another way I can send the screenshots let me know, (maybe your comcast.net email?)

Highlighted
Expert

@wsigler9 wrote:
I have XRE 2.80, released on 08/29. I have 59 favorites under movies but only 36 show. Not sure how to show screenshots. 08/29 is when the error occurred.

do voice 'about' and reply with the numbers to the right of the top line "Release Version". you replied with the protocol version.

Highlighted
Official Employee

We figured out the issue, should be fixed next week sometime for customers.

No technician or customers service agent could fix this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Only 36 entries show up. I've even gone so far as to get a NEW cable box (w/DVR) and it's STILL only showing 36. Then I had customer service do some kind of special remote update, which of course didn't work.
All this for $200+/mo.??!! I used to be a big fan of Comcast. But they can never give me back all of the hours of my life that have been on spent troubleshooting their random issues!!! Comcast, are you listening??? Because your tech support employees don't seem to have a clue about this problem. Do something!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Missing Favorites

I checked them right here on the xfinity site.  I don't have any other device aside from my desktop.  I do not watch movies anywhere besides my TV.  Not sure if this answers your question or not.  I still have a flip phone so there's no checking anything on that.

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi so I'm experiencing the same issue with the X2 favorites route at the top I know that it means they basically split the page in half because I had a lot of favorites on my list and so they split the page up into two pages and it's only showing the second page I just don't know how to get to the first page I'm pretty sure that's what's happening

Highlighted
Official Employee

All - Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am told from our X1 team that this is expected to be resolved this week. Apologies again and thanks for your patience. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Why is it taking so long to fix? Maybe before Comcast does a software upgrade they should test it...common practice in Software development.
Highlighted
New Poster

The first post was on 8/13
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This has been going on for almost two months now, and it's not the only newer issue. I had 989 movies favorited along with 12 TV Series. Now, I have 250 movies on the list and the number never updates! I have unplugged/plugged back in, restarted using the restart option in the on-screen help section, did a system refresh in the same section and have even played around with adding/removing favorites and then syncing the DVR or vice versa. I can remove a favorite but not add one, and when I remove one, the number remains at 250.

We had some sort of software update, (Minneapolis,  MN SW Metro) last week and it's still not working. I spend about 85% of my time in my Saved/Favorites list, so this issue is HIGHLY impactful for me. I have to be missing programs that I would love to watch and have favorited by habit, but again, they aren't added to my list. 

The other issue that I mentioned above is that EVERYDAY at 5:30pm CDT and then again at 6:05pm, my cable box kicks me out of whatever I'm watching, throws up two seperate error windows and very suspiciously tunes itself to news channels that I never watch like MSNBC, CNN and UNIVISION. I say suspiciously as two of those channels are under the NBC Universal company which is owned by Comcast and all three of them are constantly vying to be the cable news network with the worst ratings, getting pummeled by the news channel that I have on during the day as my default background channel FoxNews, so apparently Comcast is manipulating the tuners in my DVRs to get them to register a fake "viewer" tally from my cable box. 

I know, tinfoil hat and the like is probably what you're thinking, but I'm dead serious! This happens everyday just as the Prime-time TV hours start, at 5:30 and 6:05 pm like clockwork! 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

I just went ahead and re-added my missing Favorites.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Glad to hear you understand the problem... I now have ALL my saved favorite movies and TV shows... Thank you so much. I know the technician that came to my home was amazing, forwarding screenshots and versions information that helped.  Hope everyone is beginning to see all their saved favorites!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Fixed... great work everyone who was part of the solution

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Not solved. This is an ongoing problem.  Three channels were suddenly no longer favorites and so my shows were not recorded.  Every change Comcast makes is to increase their profit. I'm sure it will happen again and again. Calling customer service outside the US is a waste of time.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

We know we can simply add the channels back to our favorites but in the meantime shows on the unfavorited channels are not being recorded and are not available at another time.

Highlighted
New Poster

So @ComcastChad you say you have fixed it on Nov-13-2019

Yet it on Jan-21-2020 it is still not working!!!!!

Come on Comcast get off you butt & fix it already!!!!!

We are talking about Movie Favorites not rocket science.

I have not had access my Movie Favorites for almost 3 months!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It's apparently clear, Comcast continues to struggle with this issue and many others while at the same time having no problem raising their monthly "fees", without any notice to customers. In my most recent bill, fees for my equipment and service fees increased. SO MUCH FOR  WHAT THEY REFER TO AS GUARANTEED CONTRACT RATES! They use this term but hide increased rates in their "Fees! 'I'm so disappointed that even now my "Appointed Engineer and Customer Escalations"  people are not even returning calls or responding to follow up emails. @ComcastChad  @Rita104 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Can you provide some more details of the issue? Is it favorites from the saved menu or the favorites guide. Is it channels, tV shows, movies, etc.. that are not being displayed?