Community Forum

Mini Guide Displays just Temperature

New Poster

Mini Guide Displays just Temperature

To some, this probably will seem pretty petty, but I have found it completely frustrating.  The Mini Guide now only displays the temperature in the upper left corner.  This is completely useless information when searching for shows to watch.  I want to know the time so I know how far into a show it is without reaching for my phone to check the time.   I have been in and out of every setting and you can't change it.  Maybe I am missing something, or maybe Comcast made a mistake when writing the software, but I just wish Comcast would think things over a little bit.  

New Poster

Re: Mini Guide Displays just Temperature

Seriously this is the dumbest menu change of all time. It changed in all of my boxes so I am assuming this was an XFinity change and not something dumb that I did while I was napping on the remote. Please someone tell us how to fix this. Why on earth do we need to know the temperature while searching for what to watch!?
Expert

Flyers_1228 wrote:

To some, this probably will seem pretty petty, but I have found it completely frustrating.  The Mini Guide now only displays the temperature in the upper left corner.  This is completely useless information when searching for shows to watch.  I want to know the time so I know how far into a show it is without reaching for my phone to check the time.   I have been in and out of every setting and you can't change it.  Maybe I am missing something, or maybe Comcast made a mistake when writing the software, but I just wish Comcast would think things over a little bit.  

it sounds like you pressed the left arrow button (notification) inside of right arrow (mini-guide). possible?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I find this frustrating too. The mini guide, right arrow, used to show time and temp. Now it’s just temp. This should be user selectable, or just put it back the way it was.
New Poster

Rusty, if you press left when you are in the mini-menu it just takes you out of the mini-menu. Can you explain please?
Expert

wrote:TB12toGronkfor6 wrote:
Rusty, if you press left when you are in the mini-menu it just takes you out of the mini-menu. Can you explain please?

while watching live (not mini-guide) pressing left was for notifications and weather but now displays time with notification area. temperature is on left side while the mini-guide is in use.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.