Community Forum

Messed up remote

New Poster

Messed up remote

I and my mother have been having issues...
We recently found out while attempting to hook up our Blue-ray player that our Xfinity X1 voice remote is messed up... the scrolling arrows work fine and the number pad aswel, Our Issue is with the central / Enter button, it does not work for accessing on-screen options in any way it does however, activate the CC Closed Captioning we have replaced it, sync'd it and reset it  repeatedly... and the problem presists... Anyone having a similar issue or any clue that may HELP?  

Expert

Re: Messed up remote

@DeniseChris wrote:

I and my mother have been having issues...
We recently found out while attempting to hook up our Blue-ray player that our Xfinity X1 voice remote is messed up... the scrolling arrows work fine and the number pad aswel, Our Issue is with the central / Enter button, it does not work for accessing on-screen options in any way it does however, activate the CC Closed Captioning we have replaced it, sync'd it and reset it  repeatedly... and the problem presists... Anyone having a similar issue or any clue that may HELP?  

The Comcast remote is not a universal remote. Use your Blu-ray player's remote to control the player.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Messed up remote

If you’re referring to your tv options, if your tv needs an ok function to change the input, the X1 remote won’t do it. You’ll need to use your actual tv remote

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!