Community Forum

Marking shows as unwatched and 24 hours later they go back to watched

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Marking shows as unwatched and 24 hours later they go back to watched

I appreciate all your responses.  I didn’t think it was my modem and router but wanted to eliminate everything before Comcast comes this afternoon.  I live in California.  It’s interesting that they don’t acknowledge the problem.  I’ve been a Comcast customer for 10 years and haven’t experienced a problem like this.  I did not appreciate “advanced” technical support telling me I don’t understand how their system works and being condescending because I am a woman.

As was mentioned in a previous post we need more people calling to express this concern.  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The Comcast repairman just left.  Nice guy but as someone mentioned he was not able to help.  He said he had not heard of the problem but that he will post it on the “national” technical problem board.  

For those who who appreciate this feature please report the problem so they will give this proper attention.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Official Employee

This fix is currently in testing . and we are sorry for the inconvenience.  This is a national issue and has nothing to do if you rent or own your modem.   We hope to have this resolved as quickly as possible.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks, Comcast Chad. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Hey Comcast Chad.... I’ll thank you when it’s fixed 😁.....
Highlighted
Contributor

Mr. Comcast Tech, can you please share with us any updates relating to the resolution of this issue????
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

We're now having the same issue. We've not noticed it before today. We went to watch a show that we DVR daily and the 12/6/19 airing was not there. We went to ondemand  and found it but it shows we watching it which is impossible because we were in another state! 

Highlighted
New Poster

what is taking so long?  if comcast has known and trying to fix on 12/4, it should be fixed by now.   Seems like this should be a simple fix.   

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Look up the on click function in the code. It is exiting without actually toggling the value in underlying database and only changes label
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Chad,

Do we have any update on this problem?  When can we expect this to be fixed?

Highlighted
Contributor

This is now switching shows marked 'unwatched' to 'watched' not only upon the X1's daily update but every few hours as well.

How is this possibly taking so long to fix? 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ComcastChad,

Can you please share where Comcast is on this problem and when we can expect a fix...tomorrow, next week?

Highlighted
Contributor

Katie... I’m beginning to think that there is no Comcast Chad. It’s just another corporate stall tactic to get us so frustrated that we’ll give up complaining and just accept the fact it’ll never get fixed and we’ll have to live with it until our contracts expire and then sign up with Verizon.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

123Mike, I think you are correct.  Fortunately, I am no longer tied to a contract.  When Comcast came to my home they acted like they cared, gave me phone numbers to call them to check the status of the problem.  I even have an email for one of them.  I have sent texts and emails and they won’t respond to those either.  I’m glad we have choices.  I plan to make my choice next week.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Kate. I agree with your decision to change. Unfortunately I don’t have any options. The townhome community I live in only offers Comcast. So I’m S.O.L. Big Brother wins again I guess.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/5687963

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Ok so he’s real. If he’s genuinely working on this problem I think we should be getting regular updates like I saw on the link you sent out. This silly issue has blown up to being a full fledged serious problem.
Highlighted
New Poster

It's getting worse... It can take 3 or 4 attempts to mark something unwatched only to revert back to watched within a few hours. Also, with Comcast's issues with Starz and replacing cinemax with an inferior offering it's time to explore other options.
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having this problem in the Houston market using an X1 box
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm in Houston, and I'm having this problem. I have an X1 box
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have been told it was a nationwide problem.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

It’s understandable that it is a national issue, but come on how long does it take to fix. how about prioritizing this issue and fixing it. Go back to September and reset the program. Not rocket science!!! How about crediting everyone’s account for the inconvenience
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Garyjsgt wrote:
It’s understandable that it is a national issue, but come on how long does it take to fix. how about prioritizing this issue and fixing it. Go back to September and reset the program. Not rocket science!!! How about crediting everyone’s account for the inconvenience

It might be by market rather than natiion-wide; I am in the Central (Houston) market and I haven't had the issue (yet).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

That’s good to know that the Houston area is free from this “bug”. What Comcast should do then is quite simply download the Houston configuration into all the other platforms in the country. Nuff said?!
Highlighted
Contributor

Have also been told this is a nationwide issue when we spoke to someone in advanced tech (or whatever) this weekend. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Then Houston must be the good son. Lol............
Highlighted
Contributor

This problem is not by-market.  It is national.  It is happening to some, but not all, in Houston.  And in (fill in your city here).  Confirmed by user posts and an official Comcast Employee on this thread and via telephone.  Hopefully they figure out which X1 hardware/software combination is affected soon, and deploy a patch.  

Highlighted
Contributor

All I can say is call call call!
Comcast HQ phone number is 1(215) 286-1700....... really!
Highlighted
Contributor

100% listen to @123mike and call. Because while this is a national issue...only 39 people have called in and have open tickets for it.

You're not getting national priority on a problem 39 people have taken the time to complain about. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Agree.  Call.  Suggested on the first page of thread and worth re-mentioning.   

Highlighted
Contributor

REMEMBER...... Squeaky wheel gets the oil 👍🥴.......
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Mike,

i have created a ticket with Comcast headquarters as you suggested.  She had never heard of the problem just like everyone else whom I’ve spoken with at Comcast.  As I mentioned earlier, unless I hear back by the end of the week when I can expect a fix, I will be parting ways with Comcast.  It’s a little ridiculous the lack of support customers have received not to mention the lackluster “advanced technical support team” who did nothing to try to help me.  Their job was to convince me I was wrong and that I didn’t understand how the equipment worked.  I realize that not everyone uses or needs this feature but some of us need it because we all don’t watch the same show at the same time.  It’s courteous in our family if we do go ahead and watch a show that we change it back to unwatched so the other family members who aren’t home often can keep up.

I recommend others also call Comcast HQ and create a ticket if this feature is important to you and your families.

Highlighted
Contributor

AMEN SISTER......
I wish I had a choice. They don’t make TVs with rabbit ears anymore.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I believe problem is fixed here in PA! So far 2 days in row programs Marked unwatched have remained unwatched after reboot!!
Highlighted
New Poster

It seems to be fixed in the Chicago area as well (unless the boxes weren’t rebooted last night for some reason). Fingers crossed.
Highlighted
Contributor

Seems to be fixed in Denver also, my fingers are crossed too

Highlighted
Contributor

Well fingers crossed here in Ma as well. Seemed to not reset last night after making them “unwatched”.......
HQ must have lit a fire under their you know what. Thanks guys.
Highlighted
Contributor

Remedied in NJ.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Highlighted
New Poster

It has been working the last couple of days in MN as well. Heres hoping it stays that way.

Highlighted
Official Employee

No I am real, I’m sorry but I do not monitor the forums daily. The fix was deployed on 12/17.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

Good morning gang. It appears that our issue has been resolved. And keeping with my promise I would like to thank ComcastChad. I do have one last question though........ ComcastChad can you share with the group just exactly what was the problem and what was the solution (for future reference)???

I wish everyone Happy Holidays and best wishes for the New Year😁

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

To Whom Ever Fixed The Problem,

I hope I never have to resort to making countless phone calls to Comcast or posting on this forum ever again.  Thank you and Merry Christmas!  

Sincerely,

A Happy Family and one Exhausted Mother 

PS.  Can you give the man in “advanced technical support” more training?  I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he treats both men and women equally but he has no clue how to use your television services.  No matter how many times he tells Comcast customers he is “advanced technical support” will never change his ignorance.

Highlighted
Official Employee

The fix required a software change to the “watched” feature.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

will the "fix" prevent the marked as "watched" from reverting to "unwatched" as well?

Highlighted
New Poster

I finally got to the bottom of it from Xfinity go into a box and Market unwatched make sure it is completely marked on watch that means go into the movie info button and then make sure it is marked unwatched there as well if you have other boxes check them and see that it's the same once that's done hit your back button on each set-top box and then push the D button to delete your viewed history do this on every box you should do it periodically anyway when I did this and woke up the next day all my programs and marked on watched or still marked unwatched the G button on the newest remotes is the little button on the right I hope this helps