Community Forum

Managing The On-Screen Guide... Too Many Channels

Frequent Visitor

Managing The On-Screen Guide... Too Many Channels

I'm new to Xfinity. When using the on-screen Guide, I see that under the "Free To Me" category the available channels are spread out between Ch 2 and Ch 1879. Apparently many of the channels are duplicated through the range of the Guide. Honestly it's difficult to decide where to start when browsing just to find out what's on. There are just way too many channels and duplicates to cycle through! Is there a way to set a view where all of my HD channels and SD channels (that are not HD) can be shown? In other words, all available channels with HD duplicates hidden.

Expert

Re: Managing The On-Screen Guide... Too Many Channels

@michaelhall wrote:

I'm new to Xfinity. When using the on-screen Guide, I see that under the "Free To Me" category the available channels are spread out between Ch 2 and Ch 1879. Apparently many of the channels are duplicated through the range of the Guide. Honestly it's difficult to decide where to start when browsing just to find out what's on. There are just way too many channels and duplicates to cycle through! Is there a way to set a view where all of my HD channels and SD channels (that are not HD) can be shown? In other words, all available channels with HD duplicates hidden.

the 4 digit channel numbers are the same channels but sorted into neighborhoods of channels (for example cable news). they are the same channel exactly but have a listing in the neighborhood, too. there is no setting to remove the neighborhood listings.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Managing The On-Screen Guide... Too Many Channels

Thanks for the explanation. I ended up going through my channels one by one and selecting each as a "Favorite". Now as

@Rustyben wrote:

@michaelhall wrote:

the 4 digit channel numbers are the same channels but sorted into neighborhoods of channels (for example cable news). they are the same channel exactly but have a listing in the neighborhood, too. there is no setting to remove the neighborhood listings.

I surf the guide in the "Favorite" view, each channel appears only once as I scroll through the list of approx 250 channels. Works well for me although I can see how some viewers might prefer the "neighboorhood" grouping.