Community Forum

MLB Extra Innings HD Beta

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

MLB Extra Innings HD Beta

I just ordered Extra Innings today and the first game....I was able to get to the Beta HD broadcast of the Red Sox/Blue Jay game but couldn't watch it because I was picking up the english NESN broadcasters voiced over by what sounds like a Spanish announcer.  Had to go over to the SD broadcast.  I'm hoping this is going to be fixed.

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings HD Beta

And it's happening again tonight for the Red Sox game against the Rays, where audio for a Spanish broadcast is bleeding through the English broadcast (in contrast to an SAP option). Comcast? Anybody there? (Last game that this happened, I used the audio from mlb.tv along with the HD Beta TV broadcast and muted the TV.)

Also, Comcast: Why the limitation against recording HD Beta broadcasts? And when you move the HD broadcasts (with both home & away options for each game) out of beta, what other features, if any, will be added? (And why has this been in beta for so long?)

Frequent Visitor

Yes it did happen with the Rays game last night. Why am I not getting a reply from xfinity? This is obviously a technical issue which can only be addressed by you? This goes to customer service. I’m not pleased folks, get with it.
New Poster

I am also having this issue since the baseball season started, periodically, when watching NESN HD MLB Package Beta broadcast - hearing the Spanish audio in the abckground, and then last night that was accompanied by a high pitch sound. All cable boxes affected, but only with the HD broadcast.

Frequent Visitor

My big concern here is why aren’t the xfinity people responding to us. What is the point in posting? Good luck
Frequent Visitor

Last night was brutal with Spanish broadcast bleeding through and a loud siren noise. It was totally unwatchable on NESN HD feed.

Official Employee

Hello all,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I'm currently investigating the issue with getting a Spanish announcer when using the MLB HD Beta feature.  As soon as I find out the answer - I will let you know right away. 

I appreciate your patience!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you
Official Employee

Hello all,

I was able to reach out to the engineering team, we are going to investigate the issue further. However, we would greatly appreciate "live" examples. If you get an issue - could you please send me a private message right away? I'm asking for a private message because I will be able to see it right away. 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I will continually update this thread. 

Thank you all for your patience!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I will. Since it’s intermittent it will help I’m sure . I watched today’s game in HD (feed from NESN) and it was fine
Official Employee

@bocelt - Glad to heat that and I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you!

New Poster

I will as well - no issues the last few games

Official Employee

@azaretsky - Thank you! Please feel free to reach me at any time. 

Good afternoon everyone, after monitoring this issue for a few days, we did not identify any additional problems.   The engineers confirmed that the stream was checked and English is set to primary and SAP as secondary.  As Ella mentioned, if you experience any new audio issues, please reach out with a live example or timestamp for further investigate.  We appreciate your business!

New Poster

Soudns good - will reply back if I notice any further issues but since last 4-5 games have been fine it is hopefully completely resolved 

New Poster

Aug 9, 2019 nesn is broadcasting in spanish , what's the fix for english?

Official Employee

PackBoat2, try changing your SAP settings: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-audio-output

and 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-sap-indicators-filters-transport-bar