Community Forum

Low Resolution on Cloud DVR Recordings

Highlighted
New Poster

Low Resolution on Cloud DVR Recordings

When watching recorded programs on the X1 box and not on an app or other device, some recordings show a cloud icon during the first part of playback.  When recordings with this icon are shown on the TV directly from the X1 box, the resolution is low and the playback can be jittery/choppy especially when viewing sports with fast movement.  For recordings that are on the DVR but do not display the cloud icon, the recordings are fine and perform as expected for resolution and smoothness of playback.  

Can I prevent cloud recordings so that I can watch things without it looking awful?

Could a signal or other issue be preventing these recordings from displaying properly?

Official Employee

Re: Low Resolution on Cloud DVR Recordings

If you’re getting a cloud icon, something happened during recording to make the recording on the hard drive fail. There were issues a little while back, check the date of your recording. Or look for it On Demand for a better copy

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This seems to happen randomly and happened as recently as Saturday when I recorded a basketball game on ESPN.  

Is this possibly signal related or would the box need to be replaced to resolve?  

Official Employee

Not necessarily signal related, just means that channel failed to record. If it continues, possibly swap it out as it may be a hard drive issue

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!