Community Forum

Live TV Laggy/Skipping when another box is accessing On-Demand content

New Poster

Live TV Laggy/Skipping when another box is accessing On-Demand content

Anyone else have an issue of a live TV picture skipping/laggy every few seconds when a second box in the house is accessing on-demand content? No issues when the second box is not accessing on-demand content. The laggy box is the "main" box, and the one accessing the on-demand content is the secondary box (no issues on that one).

Contributor

Re: Live TV Laggy/Skipping when another box is accessing On-Demand content

I had this exact issue. I swapped splitters, ran new cable, swapped boxes and nothing fixed it. I finally swapped to a 4k box and the issue is now gone. Seems to be a software issue on some non 4k boxes. What model# do you have?
New Poster

Same exact problem for us.  I first noticed it during December but it could have been going on longer.  Tech came out and tried swapping the main box with a different XG1-A and a few other things and it all did nothing.  I also have the Netflix stutter issue.

New Poster

Arris XG1v3 as the main, and Pace XiD as the secondary. Also noticing the issue now when the secondary is accessing DVR content.
Highlighted
Expert

@markk3 wrote:
Arris XG1v3 as the main, and Pace XiD as the secondary. Also noticing the issue now when the secondary is accessing DVR content.

when you have time, swap the XiD out for the XG2 (has its own tuners and a modem). accesses the on-demand directly not through the DVR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Just to reconfirm. The XG1V4 (4k box) fixes this exact issue.