Community Forum

List of <exit> <exit> <exit> hacks?

Frequent Visitor

List of <exit> <exit> <exit> hacks?

Is there a list somewhere of all of the "hacks" used with the XR5/XR11 remotes?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: List of <exit> <exit> <exit> hacks?

Nope.

FYI, in most cases the "hacks" you are talking about have nothing to do with the remote. They change settings on the box.

Also, this is Comcast we are talking about here. Everything about X1 is "top secret".

LazerFlash wrote:

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I know that the "hacks" change settings on the set-top box and not the remote. Smiley Wink

As to the top secret nature of X1, I was not thinking that a Comcast employee would respond; that would be too much to hope for. I was, however, kind of hoping that someone had compiled a list of things that can be modified thru the <exit> <exit> <exit> sequence.

RickGr4 wrote:

Nope.

FYI, in most cases the "hacks" you are talking about have nothing to do with the remote. They change settings on the box.

Also, this is Comcast we are talking about here. Everything about X1 is "top secret".

LazerFlash wrote:

Visitor

I'd like to know that too.  

I just got a new HD package and set-top box.  I have a 1080p TV and ALL my HD content was coming in at 780p.  I used Comcast chat to resolve the problem.  The solution?  --->  "Hit 'Exit' 3 times and type in 1080"   Result?  ----> All HD content is now 1080i  Wow, glad I didn't try and figure this out on my own!  Hope this helps someone.

Regular Contributor

ZoeTheCat wrote:

I'd like to know that too.  

I just got a new HD package and set-top box.  I have a 1080p TV and ALL my HD content was coming in at 780p.  I used Comcast chat to resolve the problem.  The solution?  --->  "Hit 'Exit' 3 times and type in 1080"   Result?  ----> All HD content is now 1080i  Wow, glad I didn't try and figure this out on my own!  Hope this helps someone.

Resolution is something that can also be changed in the settings menu.  The 30 second skip hack (exit exit exit 0030) has no where else the setting can be accessed.

New Poster

That just gives me channel Spike...???

Exit 3times and 1080.

Can u clarify?
New Poster

Same thing with exit 3x and 0030. Only changes channel.
New Poster

It changes the channel but it still saves the function. It just doesn't give you any acknowledgment that anything changed. Try skipping ahead on a DVR recording/on demand video and check - it should skip 30 seconds now. 

Contributor

hold [exit] 5 seconds...press [down arrow] twice... press [2] = diagnostic menu

press [exit] 3 times....type in 0030......changes the skip head (page up and down) from 5 minutes to 30 seconds

hold [setup] until light turns green then type in [9] [8] [7]......unpairs remote from cable box(only needed if you replace your box but not remote) (setup then xfinity will pair remote)

press [exit] 3 times ....type in desired picture resolution [4] [8] [0].....[7] [2] [0].......[1] [0] [8] [0] changes picture resolution. x1 comes on default 720

Hold [setup] until light goes green then hit [B] changes x1 remote IR to legacy platform IR