Community Forum

LG magic remote pairing to xg1-a

Highlighted
New Poster

LG magic remote pairing to xg1-a

Bought today new UHD LG TV with magic remote.

I have Comcast X1 with XG1-A cable box. Manufactured by ARRIS Group Inc (Model:AX013ANM)

After everything was hooked up everything worked fine.

But my idea was to use LG magic remote to control cable box.

Meny offered Cable providers with Comcast on the list, but after that there was no ARRIS manfacturer.

There was lots of other manifacturers but no ARRIS.

There was also direction to go to LG support page: http://www.lgappstv.com/appspc/oss/support.lge?locale=engu_US  but there was same problem again, it was no ARRIS manufacturer.

What to do? 

Expert

Re: LG magic remote pairing to xg1-a

bvujeva wrote:

I have Comcast X1 with XG1-A cable box. Manufactured by ARRIS Group Inc (Model:AX013ANM)

Meny offered Cable providers with Comcast on the list, but after that there was no ARRIS manfacturer.

There was also direction to go to LG support page: http://www.lgappstv.com/appspc/oss/support.lge?locale=engu_US  but there was same problem again, it was no ARRIS manufacturer.

What to do? 

AFAIK, you will not be able to control the DVR with this model, but someone else can chime in if I am mistaken.   I don't know why you don't use the XR11 Voice Remote to control the DVR as it gives you ALL of the functionality of Voice Control with the X1 platform.  You can visit a Service Center and pick up one for FREE.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

All X1 boxes (Arris, Pace, Samsung, Cisco) use the same infrared "codes". I suggest that you try codes from all of those brands along with Motorola.

HOWEVER,

I agree with Ray the Geek. Why not program the XR11 remote to control your TV and call it a day? In my opinion the LG "magic remote" is not a very good remote. I never use mine.

bvujeva wrote:

What to do? 

New Poster

I don't believe it is possible to access the LG smart TV features with the xr11, so you're stuck with 2 remotes. My old Samsung remote works all the Xfinity and all the TV features. LG needs to fix this
Gold Problem Solver

As an owner of an LG OLED, I can assure anyone reading this that while LG OLED's are probably the best TV sets ever made, the LG "Magic Remote" is comical. I stored my Magic Remote away the same day my new LG TV arrived.

No, we aren't stuck with multiple remotes. So many better solutions exist. 3rd party universal remotes are light years more capable than the Magic Remote or any of the X1 remotes.

JLGOLDEN409 wrote:
I don't believe it is possible to access the LG smart TV features with the xr11, so you're stuck with 2 remotes. My old Samsung remote works all the Xfinity and all the TV features. LG needs to fix this

New Poster

I was successful at this last night with my OLED 55E6 magic remote.  Just choose "Unknown" from the manufacturer list, then when trying the different Remote options (where you try the channel up/down, etc. on each one) I think I had to go to the thrid option before it would work.  It does work just fine though, but you do need line of sight with the cable box.

New Poster

Just set up new LG OLED65E6 MAGIC REMOTE to Comcast ARRIS STB using the PACE IR code

New Poster

Pace IR worked for me, too.  Many thanks for the suggestion.  I spent an hour on the phone with LG support and they kept having me try Motorola, supposedly Arris' parent.  That didn't work at all.  Thanks again

New Poster

Thanks. Using the Pace code in the Magic Remote setup worked. Thanks
New Poster

How do this I have tried and it does not work please help with this problem