Community Forum

LG TV and X1: Switching Inputs

New Poster

LG TV and X1: Switching Inputs

I have an LG TV that pops up an input selection menu when I switch inputs. The "TV Input" button on the X1 remote lets me switch between the inputs, but the selection menu remains on the screen for a minute after I've reached the input I want, and I don't see a way to close the menu with the remote since none of the buttons send the signal that the "OK" button on my TV remote sends.

With the gray remote I used for my previous cable box, I could select "TV" to switch the remote into TV mode and then I could click "Menu" twice to get rid of the input selection menu.

Is there a way to switch the X1 voice remote to TV mode? The "TV" button just turns off the TV.

If I can't switch the X1 remote to TV mode, is there a way to reprogram one of the buttons to send the "OK" signal that my TV control sends?

-Rob 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: LG TV and X1: Switching Inputs

Your concern is not new however this could be the first time I recall hearing it with LG TVs.

Today's TV sets have many different methods for changing inputs. Comcast may have ignored some of those methods when developing X1 remotes. If your TV requires you to hit "OK" to change inputs, the X1 remotes will not work.

X1 remotes do not offer the same "TV control" you are used to with the old remotes.

That being said, have you tried ALL LG codes??? Did you check the XR 5 code list?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/m-p/2550616#M73148

New Poster

I tried a few LG TV codes, but the "OK" button always sends the signal to the cable box instead of the TV. I found out I can program the "OK" button on the old gray remote and also program a button that switches between the four HDMI inputs by following the steps below.

Press the TV button

Hold Setup until the TV button blinks twice

Enter 10178 to set the TV code

To program the OK button for the TV:

Enter 994

Press Setup

Enter 00164

Press OK

To reprogram TV/VCR button to switch the input without bringing up the input selection menu:

Enter 994

Press Setup

Enter 00174

Press TV/VCR

When I configured the new X11 voice remote to use TV code 10178, the volume up, volume down, and power buttons worked, but when I tried to program the remote to use code 00174 for TV Input, it blinked green when I entered 994 but it blinked red when I pressed the TV Input button. It seems that the X11 remote does allow some extended function codes but not that one.

If anyone knows any other EFCs I can try for the various TV codes that work for LG TVs, please let me know.

Gold Problem Solver

As previously mentioned, If your TV requires you to hit OK or select to complete an input change, the X1 remotes are not going to work for that. The X1 remotes were designed for TV that do not require a "confirmation" to change inputs.

Find one of the older pewter (not silver) Comcast remotes and enter code 01972 for cable boxes. That will control X1. Or you could always look into 3rd party universal remotes.

Robv3 wrote:

I tried a few LG TV codes, but the "OK" button always sends the signal to the cable box instead of the TV. I found out I can program the "OK" button on the old gray remote and also program a button that switches between the four HDMI inputs by following the steps below.

Press the TV button

Enter 10178 to set the TV code

To program the OK button for the TV:

Enter 994

Press Setup

Enter 00164

Press OK

To reprogram TV/VCR button to switch the input without bringing up the input selection menu:

Enter 994

Press Setup

Enter 00174

Press TV/VCR

When I configured the new X11 voice remote to use TV code 10178, the volume up, volume down, and power buttons worked, but when I tried to program the remote to use code 00174 for TV Input, it blinked green when I entered 994 but it blinked red when I pressed the TV Input button. It seems that the X11 remote does allow some extended function codes but not that one.

If anyone knows any other EFCs I can try for the various TV codes that work for LG TVs, please let me know.

New Poster

Not a great solution, but if you have a smart tv and the goal is to avoid having the LG remote floating around you can download the LG smart tv app. This allows you to select the different input using your phone. Not great, but I know I'd rather use my phone than the lg remote....
New Poster

I have the same problem. This is an annoying solution, but it works. what I do is hit the input button to bring up the input list screen on my lg tv, then press the input button again to switch inputs. Once I am at input 2, I hit the power button on my X1 remote to shut the tv off. I then press power again to then the tv on and my tv will be switched to the 2nd input. Since the 'ok' button won't work, It's the only way I have figured out how to switch inputs using the x1 remote with my lg tv. Hope this helps
Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

New Poster

Thank you! My TV remote is misplaced and after an hour of searching I decided to check the Comcast forums. The app worked!