Community Forum

LG Magic Remote and XG1V4-A

New Poster

LG Magic Remote and XG1V4-A

I just bought an LG 55SK8000PUA 4K TV, the 2018 model. When I tried to  pair the LG Magic Remote to my XG1V4-A set top box, it asked for the manufacturer name. I tried Pace, Motorolla, Samsung, Cisco. None of them seemed to work with the next steps of the setup. I kept it on Pace. The guide works, but I can't change channels or select a channel from the guide using the Magic Remote. It works on all the other LG apps, the mouse/pointer, TV settings, etc.

The Xfinity XR11 voice remote I have works fine (for X1) but I don't think it can be configured to access all the LG stuff. Can it? It'd be nice to at least try the Magic Remote and have it work for everything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: LG Magic Remote and XG1V4-A

Try Arris, that’s the actual manufacturer. No guarantees though

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Arris isn't listed unfortunately. I kept it on Pace because I think some folks on this forum reported it worked. Not for me Smiley Sad I hate having two remotes. I'd like to try to run the LG for everything. I'm not completely sold on it, but a couple of the features are cool.

New Poster

For what it is worth, I have a "satelite" box Xi3, I believe, connected to a new 2018 LG OLED65C8.  I could swear that I had the LG magic remote working at least enough to run the cable box when that input was selected, however, we swapped TVs (from a C8A to C8P due to a crazy good deal at newegg).  After updating the new C8P with the latest WebOS - 4.10.06, I can not get the magic remote to control the Xfinity box - having tried Pace, Motorola, Samsung, Sci Atl, and Gen Inst.  I could swear it worked before using the Motorola setting.

So a Me Too reply - hoping that Xfinity and LG can work this out.

New Poster

As a follow up.  I reset my remote (press HOME and BACK simultaneously for 5 secs, then press WHEEL down for 5 seconds to repair to LG TV).

After I did this, I was able to control the PACE box using the PACE Remote type 1 settings. 

I did however notice that if I changed the LG settings to my YAMAHA receiver (Home Theatre) which is where the Xfinity box is actually connected, and then changed back to the PACE STB, it FAILED to work using identical settings.  I reset the LG input and the Magic remote again, and it worked.  Seems it is most likely a bug in LGs WebOS.

New Poster

Mine listed as "Technicolor" as the vendor

New Poster

I have an Arris cable box, and I am unable to pair it with the magic remote. And somehow, when trying to pair it, my comcast remote has been rendered useless.  So, I am stuck with the channel the tv was on when trying to pair! I have tried numerous manufactures as well, to no avail.  I want to remove the magic remote, but haven't figured out how to do that yet. 

Silver Problem Solver

@Bquart wrote:

I have an Arris cable box, and I am unable to pair it with the magic remote. And somehow, when trying to pair it, my comcast remote has been rendered useless.  So, I am stuck with the channel the tv was on when trying to pair! I have tried numerous manufactures as well, to no avail.  I want to remove the magic remote, but haven't figured out how to do that yet. 

See if a System Refresh helps:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I bought a 49 inches 2018 LG TV and I am not able to connect with the Comcast unit.

Silver Problem Solver

@Berge63 wrote:

I bought a 49 inches 2018 LG TV and I am not able to connect with the Comcast unit.

What was the procedure you used to connect?  Is the "unit" connected to the correct TV HDMI port?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Motorola was purchased by Arris, so your arris is actually a motorola dvr

New Poster

I am not a COMCAST FAN or employee....I have an LG  OLED ,TV DENON AVR & XG1V4-A...The cable box is ARRIS & not listed in the LG info.....I was able to use the Comcast remote to shut off the DENON, CABLE BOX & TV but not turn them on !!! Needf 2 remotes...Comcast remote to turn on Denon & cable box....then I have to use the so called universal Magic remote to turn on the TV !!!!..sometimes this causes the cable box & Denon AVR to shut off.....What a mess & PIA......previously I was able to control the Denon & my Sharp TV ( which has failed & I replaced with LG) .....These remotes all talk a different language ( infrared or RF) .....MY HOA is switching to HOTWIRE ( in its inimatable wisdom...you translate that !) & I cannot wait to go thru the mess again....

KenB