Community Forum

Just setup X1 - several channels breakup and pixelate

Regular Visitor

Just setup X1 - several channels breakup and pixelate

Setup my X1 over the weekend - since I realized my package included it for free. Since I was paying for TiVo I decided to give it a shot. Very impressed right off the bat with many features that the TiVo Bolt is lacking.

However - where the TiVo Bolt was spot on with channels (I was always betweent 90 and 100 on the signal strentght) the X1 has many channels that breakup, have constant pixelation, etc. Of course they are Showtime and The Movie Channel and Cinemax. 

Could I have a bad X1? Or does it require a better signal than the TiVo? I checked the signal area and it showed that it was good.

Official Employee

Re: Just setup X1 - several channels breakup and pixelate

The X1 box reads the signal differently than a TiVo would. The X1 box is reading the interior modem, not the individual channel frequencies. Check your connections but you’ll probably need a tech out.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Conections all look good - is a tech visit something I would be charged for?

Official Employee

Yes, if it is inside wiring related. No, if it’s outside or equipment related.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!