Community Forum

Just got X1, Won't Record ANYTHING

New Poster

Just got X1, Won't Record ANYTHING

Just got a X1 earlier today. The box won't record anything. I can't record programs that are currently on, and I set it up to record anything in the future.

I scheduled a record for later tonight, and it says that there is a recording conflict. Keep in mind there is only 1 program set to record at all, how can there be a recording conflict on the first scheduled record?

So far, I am extremely disappointed and might just have to go back to the old system tomorrow.

Anyone have a work around? Or is this part of the many problems everyone seems to be having with this terrible platform?

Official Employee

Re: Just got X1, Won't Record ANYTHING

Didn't the installer test it before he left or show you that it works before they left. Try a powercycle and if it still doesn't work call 877-896-8678 for x1 support.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I'm having the same problem. It's my second day with the new X1 box. Power cycle did not help. It also won't let me pause and rewind live TV. And I'm not talking about the satellite box. This seems like a platform with a bunch of great ideas that didn't get beta tested long enough and was rushed to market. They could have also used a couple more months of focus group testing to figure out what features users really wanted in their boxes and remotes. I'm really disappointed to know I won't be able to pause or remind TV in my bedroom. Of course they didn't tell me that when I signed up.
Valued Contributor

Maxfarrow wrote:
I'm having the same problem. It's my second day with the new X1 box. Power cycle did not help. It also won't let me pause and rewind live TV. And I'm not talking about the satellite box. This seems like a platform with a bunch of great ideas that didn't get beta tested long enough and was rushed to market. They could have also used a couple more months of focus group testing to figure out what features users really wanted in their boxes and remotes. I'm really disappointed to know I won't be able to pause or remind TV in my bedroom. Of course they didn't tell me that when I signed up.

It would appear that you have a signal level issue at the location of your new X1 box.  Supposedly, a reliable connection with the Comcast cloud is required to control your X1 box. 

Official Employee

Max, are you able to pair your remote to the DVR. And do other functions of the remote work or don't work, like the guide or Xfinity button?
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!